The Outcasts (Call To Arms)

(CARTER’S POV)

Ashley and I got back from the honeymoon two days ago.  The moment we got in, we were bombarded with questions from War and Meri and the guys.  Thankfully, Ash answered them all for me because I was about to fall asleep where I was standing.  Andy and the guys invited us to their local concert, and said to dress nice-ish and in war paint that we made up ourselves? I knew he was planning something but was too tired to care.

Ash and I pulled out of the driveway on the motorcycle and started riding towards the venue.  I had on a simple BVB shirt, my tight leather pants with the Penis GPS, combat boots, pentacharm necklace, and my Rebels leather jacket.  My war paint consisted of an ‘x’ over one of my eye and a scar running down the other side of my face.  To finish it off, my arms had two long stitches running down them.  Ashley had on a BVB shirt, the same pants as me, combat boots, and the BVB logo on leather wings necklace.  His war paint was simple.  He just had an ‘x’ on his cheek and a heart over his left eye.  Why? I don’t know.

We pulled up to the venue early enough to get front stage spots right next to Meri, War, and Anthony.  She had left Staycie and Zaenne with Ash’s parents and drove War and Anthony to the venue ahead of us.  Meri had on Ashley Purdy’s war paint.  War had on the same as me and so did Anthony.  Again, I don’t know why.

Finally the guys walked out.

“Are you motherfuckers ready to rock tonight?” Andy asked, his voice booming.  The crowd cheered and screamed in response. “Alright, this first song is Fallen Angels!” he said as the music started.

They then played

In the End

The Legacy

Sweet Blasphemy

Shadows Die

And Children Surrender

Once Children Surrender had ended, Andy walked up to the mic.

“Alright.  You mother fuckers ready for some really good friends of mine to come up and sing for you?” he said.  “Alright! Carter, Ash, get your asses up here.  And I can see you right now.  No running off.”

Ash and I reluctantly walked up.  Andy handed both of us a mic.  The guys started playing and I instantly recognized one of my favorite songs.  Prefect Weapon.

“Rrrraaaaaaa!” Ashley and I screamed together.

“Awake at night you focus

On everyone who's hurt you,

Then write a list of targets,

Your violence lack of virtue.” I sang.

“Leave us alone!

You're on your own!

Rrrraaa-Go!” Ashley sang/screamed.

“We are breathin'

While you're sleepin'. Go (go!)

And leave us alone.

The liars cheatin',

Our hearts beatin'. Go (go!)

And now you're on your own.” Ash and I sang together.

“Here's to your perfect weapon,

Crack bones with blind aggression,

Like birds whose wings are broken,

You live without direction.” I sang.

“Leave us alone!

You're on your own!” Ash and I screamed together, smiling like fools.

“We are breathin'