We Stitch These Wounds

(((Two Days Later)))

(CARTER’S POV)

“Ashes,” I whispered, gently poking Ashley’s nose.  His eyes fluttered open revealing his beautiful emerald eyes that always managed to take my breath away. 

“What is it Angel?” he asked me, pulling me close to him.  I snuggled my head into his neck.

“I have an appointment today,” I said, pulling away for just a second to look at his face.  Confusion, then realization, then happiness seemed to roll over his face like a wave.

“Awesome, go get ready, love,” he said, kissing my head.

I got out of bed, showered, and threw on an old Motionless in White shirt and ripped skinny jeans.  I then brushed my hair and threw it into a ponytail.  I slipped on my Black Veil Brides leather jacket and walked into the living room to find Ashley sitting on the couch with tow bowls of cereal on his lap, a dog to his right, a cat to his left, and a spoon hanging out of his mouth.

“Cheese and rice,” I muttered as I looked at the scene in front of me.  I quickly snapped a pic and uploaded it to Twitter.  I then walked over to him and stole one of the bowls, poking his stomach as I did so.

“Ow!” he giggled, pulling the spoon out of his mouth.  He then walked over to me and snatched the bowl back and drank the milk that was left over from the cereal I ate.

“Holy shit! Ashes, we gotta go!” I said, looking at the clock.

“Fine,” he said in a baby voice.  He put the bowls in the sink and walked over to where I was standing.  He picked me up and I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.  I kissed his cheek as we started to walk down the hall and he smiled.  You would have never known that we were the same height by how often he carried me.  We got to the car and he set me inside.

***

We arrived at the doctor’s office and Ash carried me inside like he did earlier.

“Ashes,” I mumbled in embarrassment as we walked in. 

“Shh,” he whispered to me.  “Appointment for Carter Paws,” he said to the lady at the desk as he set me on my feet.

“Yes, go sit and they will be ready soon,” the lady said.

We walked over to a seat and I sat on Ash’s lap.  He played with my hair and started to hum.  It took me a minute to realize what song it was.  “All My Heart” by Sleeping With Sirens.

***

(ASHLEY’S POV)

I was nervous, so I started to hum and fiddle with Carter’s hair.  I hummed “All My Heart” by Sleeping with Sirens and Carter snuggled into my chest.

“Carter Paws?”” someone called.  Carter stood up and dragged me to the back of the clinic with a lady leading us.

I sat down in the room.  I didn’t know what else to do, so I grabbed Carter’s hand and started to play with her fingers and her wedding ring.  I kissed her hand as the doctor did… something?

“Hm… three?” the doctor muttered.

I fainted.

***

“Ashes,” I heard Carter’s lovely voice sing, full of worry.  I slowly sat up.

“Th-Th-Three?” I asked, my voice full of happiness and shock.

“They believe so, they won’t know for sure in a few months,” she whispered.  “Are you mad?” she asked, staring up at me with those huge, icy blue eyes.