XIII

XIII.
__________
Song of the chapter:
Sex by The 1975
__________

Seeing as mine and Justin's "spending time together" was cut very, very short, I utilized my time wisely and went straight to bed. Although I was in bed, I couldn't find the ability to sleep. Justin's bizarre actions didn't quite bother me, but they kept me awake due to how strange they were.

Why would he get mad about something so insignificant? He was the guy who had been torn apart several times at school by angry girls who I, and everybody else, assumed that he hurt terribly. And this gets him riled up?

Something just wasn't right.

I didn't sleep much that night. After all, I had a lot of thinking to do. Not just about Justin's random outburst, but about that kiss. Well, kisses. As much as I would have liked to deny it, I loved every part of it. His lips were so soft and warm, it was as if they melted into my own. His strong hands on me and his steady breathing had me at a loss for words. And the way he spoke to me as we kissed only made me want him more than I did before.

You don't want him. You barely know him.

But there was something nagging inside of me that made me want to know and learn and understand every part of him. Not only for my little project, but for my own personal pleasures.

Oddly though, I had a feeling I wouldn't be seeing a lot of Justin over the following days. After our awkward departure he probably needed some time away from me, for whatever reason. Though I really wanted to simply shake it off and act like I didn't care, I kind of did. A big part of me was having fun with learning about Justin. I didn't have anybody to compare him to, but he was one of the most interesting people I had ever encountered. He was respectful, he never crossed any lines, he was intelligent, and he was very genuine.

So what is it that he does that upsets these girls so much?

God I'll never sleep again.

When I woke up the following morning, it was impossible to get out of bed. I hadn't slept less than seven hours in such a long time, so it was hard for me to manage with only about three hours.

I barely remember the morning. All I could remember is having a very necessary cup of coffee and meeting up with a very excited and anxious Anna at my locker.

"His parents weren't home last night, so I guess you could say things went really well," she blathered about Colton. "I was out until four this morning and barely slept last night, but I feel so amazing. I did it, Kennedy! I had sex with Colton Tucker! Colton-fucking-Tucker!"

I rubbed my eyes groggily, realizing that there were two types of sleepless people in this world: me and Anna.

"I'm proud of you," I smiled softly, looking at the cheerful girl who, with very little sleep, still looked just as beautiful as ever. "You had a better night than I did," I joked.

"What happened? Kennedy, have you still not gotten any?" she asked, a little too loudly for my comfort.

I waved my hands at her. "Shh! And no, I have not. I mean we," I started, lowering my voice by the word. "made out a little, but that's it. And we left and--"

"Wait, left where? Wait! You were at work last night, weren't you? Kennedy! You made out with Justin in your dad's restaurant? Holy shit! Who are you?"