XXIV

XXIV.
__________
Song of the chapter:
Wetsuit by The Vaccines
__________

What a different feeling it was being lusted after. It was something I sure wasn't used to; I knew it would take some time, but Justin was making it feel nothing less than natural. As his lips moved in a perfect rhythm with my own, I couldn't help but notice that all of it was new to me. And yet, it was so easy.

"Why did you come here?" I asked when our lips parted for only a second before meeting again. My legs were loosely wrapped around his torso to keep us as close as possible.

He smirked into our kiss as his firm hands explored my back. "To see you, of course." He fell back, pulling me on top of his warm body. "I missed kissing you, and touching you," he kissed me harder. "And looking at you. Is that so bad?"

"Not at all."

I giggled when he flipped us over so that my head rested gently into the softness of my bed. His hand rested on my cold stomach, causing goosebumps to flourish all over my skin.

So much for my cold demeanor, I scoffed to myself.

He pulled his lips away from mine to look down at me, and I immediately felt as if I was an addict going through severe withdrawal. His fingertips brushed a strand of hair from my forehead only to tuck it behind my ear. "I don't understand you, Kennedy," he whispered as the corners of his lips lifted ever so slightly. "You don't make sense to me, not one bit."

I bit my lip. "Is that bad?"

He shook his head. "Absolutely not. You're like a breath of fresh air. You're so different from what I already know."

"And what do you know?"

He shrugged. "I know that a lot of the girls I've been with try too hard. They aren't themselves. They try to impress me by acting this certain way, and it's frustrating. I don't know what it is about me that makes them feel like they have to be someone else."

I twisted my lips to the side. Probably because they don't want to let their guard down so you can suck the life out of them when you leave.

A chill ran down my spine quickly at the thought.

"Are you cold?" he asked, appearing concerned.

"Just a tad," I grinned.

"Shit," he climbed off of me and reached for the sweatshirt that covered my body before. "Sorry," he exhaled as he handed it to me.

Reel him back in. Make him comfortable. Make him think you are needy.

"I didn't say you couldn't still lay with me," I batted my eyelashes pleadingly. One may have argued that I was a little too convincing.

He grinned and fell back down beside me, his body facing mine. His hand found the side of my neck, and his thumb began to move back and forth across the warm skin there.

"What were you reading before?" he asked.

My blood seemed to have frozen over. My body stiffened up. My throat became dry.

"Studying," I lied, refusing to make eye contact.

"On a Saturday night?" he laughed. "You're something else."

I shrugged. "It's not like I have anything more exciting going on."

He was quiet for a moment before dropping a soft kiss on my shoulder. "Good thing I fixed that."

"Yes," I turned my head to him. "I feel much better now."

"Is that why you were upset earlier?" he asked as his head moved closer to mine. "Because you missed me?" He smirked. His lips nearly brushed mine.