XXXII

XXXII.
__________
Song of the chapter:
Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran
__________

"It's alright, let it out," Anna soothingly stated as she rubbed her hand over my back. "You're okay."

I was hunched over the toilet, throwing up profusely. Luckily, Anna was there to hold my hair back. After all, it was only fair. I had held her hair back for her several times after partying too hard.

It was hard to pinpoint exactly why I suddenly felt so sick. Sure I was upset, but I believed it was because I worked myself up too much. I grew too anxious and literally made myself sick, which happened a lot. However, it didn't usually happen because of some boy. It usually had something to do with too much homework or something. Worrying about that suddenly seemed to stupid.

I spit into the toilet several times after feeling like I was finally done. I then sat down on the backs of my legs, feeling nothing less than drained from throwing up the very little food I had in my system.

"Are you alright?" Anna asked, running her fingers under my eyes. They were wet.

I sniffed and wiped my mouth, feeling a burning sensation in my throat. "Yeah. I'm good."

"Let's get your stuff and get you out of here. You need to go home," she pulled my arm so I was standing, then flushed the toilet.

"No, no," I waved my hand. "I'll be alright."

I was lying. I wasn't sick, but I did in fact feel like shit. I was tired and drained and confused and overwhelmed beyond belief. Throwing up was my ticket to go home, I suppose.

"You know what, you're right," I immediately changed my mind. I touched my forehead, noticing my hands were clammy and my head was warm. "I should go. You don't mind getting my homework for me?"

She shook her head. "No, not at all."

I slid out of the stall and moved to the mirror, trying to adjust myself a little bit and make sure I didn't have any vomit on my face or in my hair. That would have been truly awful. While I did that, Anna stared at me worriedly. When I was about to ask her what was wrong, she began speaking first.

"Kennedy, what happened?" she asked.

I shrugged. "What do you mean?"

"How did you know this was going to happen? I mean, Justin obviously told you, but why does this happen?"

Again, I shrugged my shoulders. Instead of looking at myself in the mirror, I looked at her concerned expression. "I don't know why; I still haven't found out. All I know is that he said that after Renee, I was the only one in the picture."

Wow, it sounds even dumber when I say it out loud, I thought. So gullible.

"So, you're in?" she asked, pushing my hair behind my shoulder to keep it away from my warm face. I furrowed my eyebrows in a perplexed manner. "I don't mean it like that. I mean, like, he likes you? Like, your Justin's new girl?"

Though I hated the terminology of it, I couldn't deny it was true. He didn't say those words exactly, but it was pretty obvious what it meant when he said that he wanted to change for me and make sure I was the only one.

I nodded.

"Wow," she drew in a deep breath. I knew she wanted to be excited about it, but it was evident to her that it was tearing me up a little. It wasn't the time to congratulate me for being the reason that Renee's heart was broken. "That was fast."

"No shit," I scoffed jokingly.

For a moment she stared at me as if she wanted to say something, but felt hesitant for some reason. But I knew Anna, and I knew she would eventually speak what was on her mind, if not right away.