LV

LV.
__________
Song of the chapter:
Look What You've Done by Jet
__________

After dragging myself from his bed, I quickly moved to Justin's dresser to find a sweatshirt to pull on. My arm covered my naked chest in the process, slightly embarrassed by my bare body. He had seen me that way at least a hundred times at that point, but it was still something I was shy about. Still, he insisted on looking no matter how many times I expressed my embarrassment.

Once I was covered, I moved over to the mirror to tie my hair up in a ponytail to keep it out of my face. In the process, I noticed Justin looking at me with his muscled arm behind his head, watching me with great attentiveness.

"What?" I smirked, rubbing my fingers under my eyes to get rid of the makeup that had melted onto my skin.

He bit his lip, his eyes traveling up and down my bare legs. "Nothing."

I turned boldly, crossing my arms over my stomach, all in the most teasing of fashions. "It doesn't seem like nothing to me, Justin."

"I like looking at you," he admitted blatantly, sitting up. "Sue me."

"Oh yeah?" I walked over to his bed, climbing over top of him to straddle his legs comfortably. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, keeping myself close to him. Immediately, I felt at home.

He smiled. "You look so cute in my clothes. I can't not look at you."

I softly kissed his nose, wrapping my legs around his waist in the process. I moved closer to him, wishing I could stay like that forever. Saying that I had the perfect view was an understatement. Justin's warm eyes, golden complexion, and inviting smile directly in front of me with the 6 o'clock sunset peaking through his blinds to give him the most beautiful glow— well, it was the view of a lifetime.

"Do you feel relaxed now?" he asked. Instead of coming off as teasing, he appeared serious. I don't think he intended for us to have sex; he genuinely wanted to give me a full body massage, but it led to other things. Fortunately for him, I did feel a lot better. His plan worked.

I nodded. "Of course. Thank you."

"I worry about you," he rested his hand on the small of my back. "It seems like you're putting a lot on your plate, you know? Don't get me wrong, it's great that you're working, but don't overdo it. You're draining yourself."

Shrugging, I raked my fingers through his messy hair. "I'm okay, Justin. You don't need to worry about me."

He squeezed me harder. "But I do. I do worry about you. You're the best thing I have, and I care about you like I've never cared about anybody else. I want to make sure that you're okay always."

"It's just been nice keeping busy, I guess," I admitted, though he already knew why I was always so occupied.

Pressing his lips together, Justin took a deep breath. "I know this sucks right now, Kennedy. I know that this wasn't your plan and that you've worked hard all your life to be a successful person, but you still have time for that. Just because NYU was too stupid not to accept you, doesn't mean there isn't an opportunity elsewhere, you know? Any school would be lucky to have you. You're so driven and intelligent, and you'll find your place."

"But what if I don't? What if I don't find my place and end up doing something I hate? What if I'm at a stupid office job or at the diner forever or—"

"Shh," he pressed. "We're not going to think like that, okay? You're going to find your place. But for now, in this moment, your place is with me. Right here. In this bed. Deal?"