XXVI

XXVI.
__________
Song of the chapter:
It Ain't Me (with Selena Gomez) by Kygo
__________

We had kissed at least twenty times at that point. Why did the one in the car get under my skin so easily? Why wasn't he talking? And why was I having such a hard time talking?

You guessed it, the ride to wherever Justin planned on taking us was quiet for the most part, other than the radio softly playing in the background. He kept looking over at me to make sure that I hadn't fallen asleep again but little did he know, I'd probably never sleep again after that kiss.

Look at you, all strung up on a kiss. What are you, twelve? Get it together.

"We'll be there in maybe five minutes," he finally said, breaking the loudest of silences I had ever experienced. "You gonna fall asleep on me?"

I looked over at him, relieved that it was him that broke the silence. My mind was frantically trying to think of something the entire time, but nothing came to mind at all. It was as if I had lost all of my social abilities for that thirty minute car ride. "I'm almost done with this," I raised my almost empty coffee cup. "So it's unlikely. Then again, I can't make any promises. If you bore me to sleep, that's on you."

He shook his head and laughed. "You're such an asshole."

I giggled and looked out the passenger window, noticing that it was such a beautiful night. For it being an October night, it was a little warmer than usual. There were very few clouds in the sky, allowing for the stars to be scattered in the most appealing way. I smiled to myself.

"Any ideas where we're going?" Justin asked.

My head turned to him, seeing that his eyes were still on the road. He had one hand on the steering wheel, and his other arm rested on the windowsill. The yellow street lights lit up his face in the perfect places. The dark contours of his face made his face look more chiseled and dramatic as usual. I nearly swooned at the sight.

"Not really," I confessed. "Any hints?"

He shrugged. "Probably not."

"Asshole."

"If it was up to me, I'd have you blindfolded. In fact, yeah--"

"No!" I interjected, gasping and laughing simultaneously. "Absolutely fucking not."

He turned to me. "Please! Come on, I'd love to surprise you for real."

"Justin," I groaned. He made a fake sad face, making me melt into the seat. "Alright! Fine. But I swear to god, if you try anything funny with me--"

"I know, I know. You'll kill me," he interrupted sarcastically. He reached into the glove box, looking for something that Connor may have had in order to cover my eyes for a few minutes. "Do you see anything?" he asked, trying to keep his eyes on the road.

I rolled my eyes. "Pay attention to the road, I'll look."

And I did just that. My hand rummaged through the small compartment, finding some napkins, cough drops, some papers which I assumed to be his registration forms, and a strip of at least fourteen condoms that looked like they were older than World War II.

"Well, unless you want me to cover my eyes with some old condoms, I guess you're shit out of luck, pal," I teased, somewhat thankful that he wasn't going to blindfold me.

"Damn," he whispered. "Cover your eyes with your hands!"

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Jesus, Justin, are we five?"