Chapter 1

*Hey guys, Samantha here. So I wrote this story back at 2016 and now it's 2020. Yeaahhh, four years later and this book gets 100k reads. Honestly, how? Anyway, I'm just gonna let everyone know that I'll be fixing up some parts just because I think some parts are poorly written. I might also change it to first person since I feel like it's easier*

McKenzie's POV

Summer holidays is almost over. I get excited to the thought of seeing my friends again. However, I am going to miss my friends at ALDC. I've been dancing with those girls for as long as I can remember. Grabbing my phone, it rings continuously as I wait for her voice to be heard.

Kenzie: Hey Lauren! How are you feeling about school?

Lauren:  Not good but at least I get to see you and my other friends again. That's what I'm mostly excited for. 

Kenzie: Haha, me too. Do you know anyone new coming to school?

Lauren: Well, my brother is moving back to live with us after getting expelled from his boarding school so he'll be attending our school this year.

Kenzie: Oh cool, I haven't actually met your brother before. Should be exciting. 

Lauren: Eh, I guess.

We talk for a couple more hours laughing our asses off and making stupid jokes before finally ending the call.

Lauren's brother is coming to school. Lauren's pretty so he might be cute. I smile and shake my head for the stupid idea. For some reason, the thought of finally meeting Lauren's brother fueled my excitement even more I don't even know why.

(the next day)

"KENZIE GET UP!!!!" my mom yells.

"Coming!!!!" I yell back while half asleep. As excited as I was for the first day of school, I hated getting up early in the morning. Who does anyway? 

Getting up, I see the tangled mess on my head that I call hair and cringed at the view. How much did I move last night to create this mess? she thought. I change into the outfit I took out the previous night and attempt to change into it as fast as I can.

Going downstairs to eat breakfast, my bag hangs low from my back which weighed like a ton due to the books I stuffed in there last night

"I'm only excited to meet my friends, not to go on classes sitting there bored", I mutter.

"Kenzie are you ready, the bus is almost here?" Melissa asked.

"Yeah i'm ready" as I nods.

I put my shoes on and head to the bus stop, ignoring Maddie's command to wait for her. Today's gonna be a good day. I can feel it.

(10 min later)

The bus arrives and I enter the bus with a wide smile displayed on my face. I might look stupid but I just can't seem to get myself to stop. Looking around, I spot my friends including Lauren sitting near the back. As I walked towards them, a hooded figure was already sitting beside her. That must be her brother. I sat at the seat behind Lauren's, greeting my other friends in the process. 

"Hey Lauren" I say, grinning at her.

"Hey Kenz! oh I want you to meet my brother" 

"Oooo what's his name?" Kenzie asks.

"Johnny, introduce yourself. And can you take that hood off? You look stupid" Lauren tells him.

The boy gives Lauren a look and ignores her. He then turns around to face me. Well dang, he is cute. 

"Hey, I'm Johnny" he says with a monotonous tone and shuffles back to his original position. His face didn't show any expression as he talked. 

I couldn't help but to roll my eyes. 

"Dang no need to be rude" I mutter under my breath. Lauren smiles amusingly as she watches the interaction between the two.