Part-3

I reached home after a long drive. Usually I prefer using short cuts but as I was a bit moody today I preferred the long drive. The drive was pleasant and soothing my mind. Now my mind is all clear from that stupid knock jokes. Shoe crack it's because of you I ruined my perfect day.

"Varuna don't start it again

Relax; breath in, breath out" instructed my soo called pity conscience.

I drove in the huge gate of my mansion and handed over my keys to Jegan uncle our watchman. I entered the living room, to be greeted by my Aachi. Goshhhhh she's grinning "Varuna; drama queen is up to something, let's face it"

Aachi is on her late sixties but looks pretty younger for her age. It's because of Yoga and pranic healing. She's a unique specimen; her work is to annoy me all the time, playing the role of matchmaker for me especially when she encounters young boys. She don't even spare my colleagues, friends, even relatives. "Who knows she may even play a cupid in future.

Weird she's wearing red silk saree today. Hmmmm why's she in this attire that also with heavy jewelry. She looks gorgeous. I was guessing her whereabouts internally when she spoke,

"Varu did you meet someone special today" immediately my mind shifted to that ugly face. Subduing my anger I replied coolly, "none other than you Aachi". Her face became pale hearing my reply, "what is it Aachi, why suddenly a mood swing" I asked her with concern.

"Your horoscope said, you might meet your love partner today, even the fortune teller confirmed it" Oh my god why is it today. I didn't see anyone special today. "You both make a great pair "

"You both make a great pair "Anika's words kept ringing on my ears.

Looking at my baffled face, my Aachi enquired me but I gave her no hint. Throwing a sympathetic look to her I strolled in my room. Seriously, I don't have any idea why am I disturbed by Anika's and Aachi's words. It's irritating me; my mind is fully occupied by today's incident. "Varuna you are a gallant, These words are meaningless to you" I tried to pacify myself

Suddenly my Aachi barged into my room yelling my name,

"Varu, Varu, I and your Aacha are attending an engagement party today,

Aacha said he will come straight to the venue from office,

We may be late honey.

Food is ready, have it and take rest,

Don't you dare to skip it"

Saying it in a one shot she left.

It took me a moment to register her words. Ohhhhhhhh now I understand why my granny was garbed so beautifully. Wait!!!!!!!!!! I ran to the door to stop her "By the bye Aachi you look adorable today" she blushed furiously. I gave her a wink and bid a bye to her.

As papa is on his business trip I'm left all alone today, pitying myself I slumped into the bed after having dinner in solitude. Due to heavy tiredness I drifted off to sleep after changing into my favorite tees and a knee length shorts.

Tuck Tuck Tuck

"Pls open the door

Pls open the door "(there were sounds heard around)

Uhhhhhhhh groaning I slowly opened my eyes. It was still dark so I guess its midnight. Why am I getting the wire smell Ahek! Ahek! Ahek! Ahek! I coughed who the hell is breaking the door? Mmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee my ears are hurting. Sleepily I dragged myself to the door, with the loud thud I opened to see a man, devilishly handsome, he must be at his mid twenties but why is he having panic expression on his face.

"Who's he, Varuna you're gone". 

( Author's Note)
Aachi refers to paternal grand mother and aacha refers to paternal grand father.