Chapter 24

Authors Note
Hi sugarplums guess who's back after a very long two years break it's me..

Important note
The mind voice part will be in caps from now on..

Varuna's P. O. V

Anandhi Akka handed me a piece which I generously accepted. I should specially thank Anandhi Akka for offering me a bigger piece than others because my bad mood requires lots of sweets to change. Before I could put the appetizing piece inside my mouth someone stopped me. Ohhhhhhhh Goddddd
Not bothering to look at the person who disturbed me I tried to dump the luscious looking cake inside my mouth but that sooooooooooo... called interruption caught my hand stopping me again but this time I swatted the hand away and shoved the cake into my mouth. Hmmme OMG OMG OMG this cake is heaven. It banged my taste buds and melted into my mouth and made me drool. Wowwww the creamy flavor was soooooo fresh and natural. It tasted pineapple but with a touch of vanilla. Sooooo sweet sooo yummy.

I sooo wanted to take the next piece but an angry quiet voice stopped me. I literally groaned and turned my gaze to the person who had heartlessly disturbed me. And guess what? It was none other than Aachi who was wearing a displeased look on her face looking all grumpy and ready to erupt as a volcano. Whoa I'm really scared.

"Varunaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" Aachi whisper screamed losing all her cool.
"There's a spoon given for you to eat the cake
Why are you messing your hands
Godddddddddddddd
How many times should I teach you this?
Everyone are watching you like a cartoon" Aachi shook her head with a vexed look and pushed a spoon into my hands.

"Ooohhhh yeah I should have used the spoon but why did that idea didn't strike me" I thought

"Because you are a baby with no table manners" told Aacha laughing. Oopsie I think I said that aloud. I pouted at Aacha and blinked at him with my innocent wide eyes(trick which always works with Aacha) to speak up for me to Aachi as Aachi was still glaring at me but alas!!!!!!!! Aacha shook his head smiling and left to meet someone without helping me. Please note the point Aacha left me all alone with a furious, raging, wrathful and blazing bull. Ooops its Aachi Varuna show some respect!!!!

I gave a saccharine smile to Aachi and quietly moved off the place not before sucking the cream off my pinky finger just to trigger Aachi more...This act made Aachi's eyes bulge out and before she could shoot me I ran off from the place. Haaaa now what will u do Aachi

Arjun's P.O.V

After the cake cutting session I posed for two to three family photos keeping my eyes solely focused on someone not even bothered about my stony face on a family picture as that someone affected me sooo badly .Then I climbed down the stage to check on her who was literally on the verge of tears. Yes it was Varuna and I had no idea why she acted soo strangely in a matter of time. Because just before the cake cutting session Varuna was all chirpy and bubbly but suddenly her face changed ten shades sadder. We even had a moment before that where I helped Varuna with the snow spray and that left her all uneasy and I all confused with my feelings for her.
Well I shouldn't be worried about her
but

"OHHH COMMON EVERY HERO SHOULD WORRY ABOUT HIS HEROINE SOOO CUT THE DRAMA AND START WALKING" scolded my mind voice making me sigh.

I really wanted to know what bothered her sooo much because that heartbroken look had the capability to clench my chest and pierce my heart a little which occurs very rarely for a policeman like me. Honestly I've come across many seriously ruined victims in my life but they were just a case for me. I didn't take it to my heart even though it kind of proves me as a heartless jerk. My feelings were not involved in any of my cases at all because that's the first step they teach you in police training. So I can't blame myself for it. But in Varuna's situation my self control tumbled out of my way. I just can't watch that look on her face and sit idly as though it didn't affect me at all. Because it fucking did something to me.