Part 19

Sugarplums here you go with the update as promised

Varuna’s P.O.V
What does he think of himself?
How dare he can ask me to select a saree for his girlfriend?
He himself made it clear that he don’t have a sister which means the saree is for his sooo called girl friend. He can’t do this to his girl, it’s like cheating if he wants to surprise his girlfriend he should do it himself. According to me, intimacy and love reduces in a relationship when the gifts are selected by others.

“Wow Varuna is that really you who said those words
Now I believe you have a brain” appreciated my brain. But why the appreciation sounded like sarcasm. Anyways I ignored it and jumped to the current situation.

"If you want me to select a saree for your girlfriend
I'm sorry I can't do it" I said him with a guileful face.
Arjun gave me “what the hell look”. I kept my eyes bowed down, not that I’m scared of him but I hate to turn down others request especially Arjun as he has asked me for the first time.
Ohh such a sweetheart my Varuna
I know you’re jealous
So don’t act as a holy being” mocked my brain. Okkkk I’m not jealous but faintly disappointed. I should laugh at myself for thinking that Arjun will get a saree for me.

“How could you expect that idiot?
Is he a fool to do that?
Remember he hates you and
Especially your craziness and carelessness”
Taunted my brain. I kept mum for its hurtful remarks, it actually stung but that’s the bitter truth. I tried really hard to keep my face void of any emotions especially displeasure. Please God please Arjun should not find it. Suddenly his lips tilted slightly upwards and his eyes pinned me with a gaze.

“Well it’s for my 47 years old girlfriend
Who’s celebrating her wedding anniversary today?
Is it Ok now?” He declared with so much of pride and a gleeful look. I was staggered at his confession. What does that even mean? Good lord I’m confused now.
Arjun’s P.O.V
Varuna gave me thunderstruck look as though I have grown horns, her charcoal irises were wide open, shoulders hunched and her mouth typically represented a goldfish opening and closing with no sound from it. It was an amazing sight to watch cute might I add. Cute Eeeew did I again admire her. Godddddd

I know I riled her up with my most stupid answer by addressing my mom as my girlfriend but common it’s damn worth looking at her inquisitive face that clearly demanded me to explain my statement but sorry doll I’m not gonna say you. Oops suddenly her stance changed from a curious deer to a ferocious cheetah threatening me to answer her. Ohhho I’m scared ha ha ha.

With a ringing of my phone I came out of my trance. Who the hell is disturbing me?
“Oops Dude I think your annoyed because the call interrupted your lovey dovey time with that ice apple infront of you”
Mocked my crackhead brain. ‘Lovey dovey time’ when did we even have that. And what’s up with these endearments.Uhhh
I excused myself and walked to the entrance of the showroom to attend my call with grumpy look. I glared at my mobile looking at the caller ID. Why is this Veera calling me even after clearly instructing him not to disturb me for two hours?

Ohh well Veera is my friend cum colleague, we were in the same batch during training period and instantly clicked. He’s such a pain in the ass when it comes to annoy me but when it comes to duty we two sail in the same thinking and action boat. We both share the same wave length that it becomes easy for us to solve cases without any misunderstandings or troubles.