Chapter 21

Anika's P.O.V

You know what's the most boring thing in our life ? Ufffff it's to wait for someone and especially when that someone turns out to be our dimwit bestie. I am currently impatiently waiting for the dull head Varuna to arrive as I wanted to confirm some things with her and also reassure myself that she'll be okk and can handle herself tomorrow. Tomorrow is the most inauspicious day in my bestie's life, the day when I witnessed my Varuna tear into invisible pieces three years back. The memory still stays fresh in my mind as though it has happened just yesterday. Though that horrible incident literally broke me I can't stop myself from comforting my bestie because she was the one who was deeply affected by Vaibhav's death.

"Uhhhhhhhh Hmme

Anika don't let your eyes leak idiot...

Remember you're in airport

Everyone is watching you" I quickly warned myself blinking back my unshed tears. We miss you Vaibhav.

A sad smile appeared on my face thinking about Vaibhav. If he was there he wouldn't have let me cry. He's such an amazing person I've ever met in my life. It's really difficult even for me to move on from that dreadful event; I don't know how Varuna is coping. It should be more painful for her than me but she covers it up well.

Every year I was there with Varuna on that ill omened day to support her, hold her tears, melt her lump of loneliness but this year unfortunately I can't be there for my bestie. I should ride back to Bangalore to check on my husband who is severely affected by stomach bug and doctor has advised him to have homemade food. Uhhh Karthick (Anika's husband) can't you get any other day to fall sick. Now I have to suffer the consequences of leaving my bestie alone that too at the time when she most needs me. But I can't risk my husband's health at the same time. After a lot of thinking I finally decided to go back to Bangalore to look after my husband as he needs me at the very moment.

Though my mom was very much adamant in convincing me to return back to my husband and take care of him I turned deaf ears to her attempt. Common even my bestie needs me to be on her side tomorrow I can't let her alone as I know it will affect her drastically. I know I sound like a bad wife but sometimes the person who's weaker should be given extra attention. I mean to say its Varuna who is weaker here.

Karthick never tried to call me back as he understands me better than anyone else. But one look at Karthick during our video chat made me change my mind and run back to my husband. He looked disoriented and exactly like a zombie with his thick black hair disheveled and it also appeared longer than I last saw them, his eyes were all puffy a clear indication of sleep deprivation for a long time, his lips were very much dry like Sahara and his cheeks good lord they appeared more contoured a clear evidence that my husband has put down weight but still he din't stop his charming talk. Uhhhh but I know him better so that led to me to take the step.

I'm sorry Varuna I can't stay with you this time.

You all maybe wondering why am I freaking out about Varuna considering the fact she has been blessed with wonderful grandparents and her papa who would take care of her when she's in trouble or pain. But the problem is Varuna will never show her pain or tears to them as she doesn't want them to be worried about her. Though I'm her bestie from childhood she hasn't opened up to me of how she feels about her mother. She's always submissive and it's really very difficult to make her open up to us. I guess it's her inborn trait which can never be changed.