Chapter 11

Malissa

Triston knocked on the door, to his own room, probably thinking that if he just barged in here, it might be rude. I mean... it was nice to know that he was coming in the room, and he didn't just sneak up on me, and tap me with his finger, like he did all those other freaking times. But... this time it's different, because, not only is he coming to wake me up, but the king is downstairs, probably waiting for me to "talk" to him. So, Triston is obviously here to bribe me into getting out of bed, and downstairs.

Triston creaked the door open, and slowly came into the room; obviously aware of my stubbornness. I was not planning on going downstairs to the king. I know that I told Dylan that he should come here, but... I DIDN'T THINK THE KING WOULD ACTUALLY FREAKING COME TO SEE ME!

I heard Triston sigh as he moved around the room, before the curtains to the room slid to the side; the light burning off my eyelids as the sun shone right on me. My face scrunched up in annoyance, before I huffed, and turned my head to the other side to hide from the sun.

"No, no, no... None of that," Triston said as he ripped my blanket right off me. "The king is waiting for you downstairs, and I'm not going to give him a bad impression. So, quickly get some better clothes on, and get downstairs."

"This isn't a fashion show..." I grumbled. "So I'm not presenting, for representing."

"What?"

"I'm not getting all fancy, and ready to say some crap, just so that he can think of me as something that I'm not. I'm going to represent myself as some... thing that he's hoping that I'll be., and, if he can't handle that, then he can leave this house. I'm not presenting myself, in a fashionable manner, so I can represent something that I'm not."

"Whatever... just, please get out of bed," Triston sighed as I rolled my eyes.

I yawned, and stretched quickly, before pushing myself up as I scratched my head. I yawned once more as someone knocked on the door of the house; Triston looking at me with a 'if I find you sleeping again, I'm going to throw you out the window' face as he left the room.

"Whatever," I grumbled, lying back down in the pillow.

"Welcome, King James," Triston practically shouted as he opened the door for the king. Wow... Triston can really make a warm welcome... like this warm, cozy pillow that I'm lying on.

"His majesty would like to see Malissa," someone said.

I actually assumed that the king would answer, but I recognized the voice as the one who argued with me yesterday at the nurse's house. It was Dylan... he's back.

Fuck.

I don't want to see that guy again...

"She's upstairs changing as we speak," Triston replied once again, sounding way too excited for some reason. It's only the king... What could be so fantastic to meet the man who taxes you, treats you poorly, and makes you do all the things he does want to do. "I will be glad to get her."

"Please do. The king doesn't have all day," Dylan said back, rather impatient.

I looked up at the door as I heard Triston walk up the stairs, before opening the door, muttering "please do. The king doesn't have all day!" in a higher, more squeaky voice. He was clearly irritated with Dylan, like I was.

"So, you met Dylan?" I asked with a sly face as I sat back up, ready to hear what he has to say.

"Oh, my gosh! You know him?" Triston asked, running his hands through his hair as he stared at me.