Chapter 22

Jason

The sun shone bright, and through my eyelids, as it came up. I guess its morning now... but how am I still alive? I was bleeding to death last night in the corner of the room, and-

I gasped, and sat up rapidly, looking around the room. Everything seemed like the fight, last night, never happened. I ripped the shirt, I was wearing, up, and looked at the new bandages wrapped around my chest. Why do I have new bandages on...? Wait a secon-

"HAMILTON, WHY ARE YOU IN MY BED?" I screeched as I fell over the side of the bed, crashing into the side table. I groaned in pain as I slowly tried pushing myself up, and into a sitting position as I watched Hamilton lean over the side of my bed, snickering a little, but I was still in shock. "WHY AREN'T YOU WEARING A SHIRT, HAMMY?"

"Calm down..." Hamilton muttered as he blinked tiredly. "I came back in the room last night, and you were bleeding all over the floor. I panicked, and quickly patched you up, before placing you back in your bed. Unlike you, I sleep mostly during the day, so I decided it would be best to clean up after myself, and I did. But, after a while, I noticed that you were getting sick, so I passed out in your bed."

"You just came into my bed to help me gain body heat, is that right?"

"Yeah, but not in a bad way," Hamilton explains. "All I did was lay in your bed, next to you, and that was it..."

"Right after you attacked me?"

"You said I wasn't exciting..."

"That wasn't exciting! I almost passed out under the bed from lack of blood, and shock, and you wouldn't have noticed!" I shouted; practically on the border of screaming.

"What isn't my apology enough?" he asked.

"What apology? You never apologized!"

"I cleaned the room, I bandage you up, and I kept you warm during the night. Isn't that enough?"

"NO! IT's not!"

"Why not?"

"Because... Because you wouldn't understand!" I shouted, before stomping out of the room, heading towards the grand hall. Thoth said that there was going to be food already prepared, but he was not going to be there for breakfast because he had important business with another Elvish kingdom.

I sat down at the large table, and starred at the plate in front of me, before eating the whole thing in seconds. When I finished my plate of food, I quickly took it to the kitchen, hoping that I did not offend any of the maids that were supposed to be cleaning up after me. Of course, I was wrong, and they felt like crying. I didn't know what to do, so all I said was, "I'm so sorry, but I'm used to cleaning up after myself, because I'm a peasant in my town,", and then dashed away from them before they could protest.

I moved to the garden next, hoping to calm my nerves, and my breathing. It was a nice sunny day too, but it did look like a thunder storm was coming, so I guessed that I would only have a short time to enjoy this whole garden to myself. Nature is such a wonderful thing. Although, speaking of nature...

I looked up, and noticed two eyes staring at me from the balcony, before they quickly turned away. I looked away, and back at the beautiful flowers before me, before turning away, and walking farther off into the garden, coming upon a large tree. This was the tree that Hammy had to pull me out of... which ended up pretty funny actually. He hated me for the rest of the day though, but that's ok...

Then I slowly started to feel water sprinkling onto me, so I quickly backed up to the trunk of the tree, watching as the rain slowly came down onto the garden.