Chapter 30

Hamilton

I climbed back into the hanging bird room, and noticed Jason sitting in the far corner, with his eyes looking right at me. "Are you ok? You look like you've been... crying."

"I'm fine," I explained as I moved over to my said of the bed, lying down in it, to end the conversation.

I heard Jason sigh as he walked over to the bed, setting himself down right behind me. "Hey, if you need anything... just ask, ok? I may not be the best person, or wisest person to talk to, but I am a person, and I'll listen if you need it. So... yeah. That's all I'll say..."

"Thank you," I whispered as I turned to look at him, only to come face to face with a sleeping child. "You are way too cute... for a human."

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" he asked as he glanced up at me, from under the covers.

"Maybe," I smirked as I planted a small kiss on his forehead. "Just don't take it to heart."

"Well... I have no soul, so I really don't have a choice, do I?"

"As long as those words don't kick me out of your heart, then it's fine."

"Nothing could ever kick you out," he yawned as he curled back under the blankets. "Unless... it's you."

I gave a small smile as I wrapped my arms around Jason, pulling him closer to me. And all that was left was a small puff of hair, sticking up and out from under the blanket as I rested my chin on his head. "I would never."

~*~

"Hamilton, you're gonna snap my neck..." Jason groaned as a hand pushed against my chest.

"Just go back to sleep..." I grumbled as I pulled him closer to me. "It's too early for this."

"Bitch, I'm suffocating here!" Jason screamed as he tried once again to pull away from me, while laughing hysterically. "Let me go!"

"No!" I chuckled as I pulled him back, holding his hands close. Then, slowly I rested my chin on his shoulder. "You can't escape this beast."

"Hamilton," Jason warned as he turned his head towards me. "No. N- Ah!"

Jason screamed as I blew into his neck, startling him, before he burst into laughter as my hands ran around his sides, tickling him. He grabbed my arms, trying to keep my hands from tickling his sides as he continued to laugh loudly. "No! HAM- NO! OW!"

I jerked my arm back as Jason held tight to his right side, before looking at it. "You hurt me! You jerk!"

I just burst into laughter, before getting silenced by a punch to the arm. I rubbed my shoulder as I turned to Jason, who had a smug look on his face. "Did that tickle hurt?"

"Ohhhh, you're dead," I chuckled as his grin turned into a frown. "How would you feel to losing a tickle battle?"

"Nah," he said as he held a hand out.

"You can't say 'nah' to me," I said as I watched him climb out of the bed, while fixing his bed head.

"Then... no?" he said as he moved towards the exit. But just before leaving, he sighed and turned to me, with a small frown on his face. "I'm... I'm sorry. I'm just really tired."

"But you haven't even done anything."

"I know... I think it's the effects of losing my soul, and shrinking down to a smaller size, than before has made me tired. I just need time to breathe, ok?"

I looked at his tired eyes, and nodded my head. "Ok."

"Thank you," he smiled as he jumped out of the room.