Chapter 23

Jason

It's been a couple days since the incident with Hamilton, and I started ignoring him because he attacked me once again, while I was sleeping. So, every time he tries to talk to me, I turn my head, and walk away from him. When I'm walking through the castle, I'll notice him walking around, and he looks kind of depressed.

I know that he sneaks into my room at night, just to watch me sleep, and I know he's worried about me, but I do need my privacy. He also stalks me when I eat, which makes me uncomfortable, and he thinks I don't notice, but I do. It's just getting annoying!

"Stop following me," I growl, passing by Hamilton for the thousandth time today. He just walked after me, his footstep very loud on the stone floor. I walked out into the garden, and past a small stone statue which looked like it was going to fall at any moment.

"Jason, will you please listen to me?" Hamilton plead, grabbing my shoulder to turn me around. I shrugged it off, and turned for the first time in a long time; my teeth clenched together, and my hands in fists.

"So what? You can tell me how sorry you were for attacking me once again? This is the second time you attacked me in my own bedroom! I understood the first time that you attacked me, but this is ridiculous," I shouted, pushing him away from me. He reached out his arms for me, but I just slapped them away. "You think I'm weak, but I'm really not! You don't even understand how I feel about all this-"

"Then tell me how you feel!" Hamilton screamed, throwing his arms up in the air. "I can't just read your mind like a book!"

"I don't care if you can read my mind or not! Haven't you even noticed the way I act towards you, even when we first met? I freaked out. Not because I didn't know you, but because you were a vampire. A creature that is stronger than me! I'm not used to being so weak... because-"

I didn't even realize what was happening, until Hamilton just reached out, grabbing me by the shoulder, and tossing me into the water fountain. My nose filled up with water, and I quickly jumped to my feet, coughing up water.

"What- Hamilton, what the hell?" I shouted, turning towards the vampire, standing in the grass as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"You could have died..." he muttered as he slowly reached behind his back, pulling out a large arrow, before tossing it down to the ground. My eyes widened with shock, before tears slowly streamed down the side of my face as Hamilton moved back over to me.

"I would have lost you, Jason..., and I will kill the bastard who tried to kill you!"

He went from scared, to pissed off as he turned from me, grabbed the arrow, and threw it towards the garden wall. I heard the crack of branches as the arrow passed through the trees, before a man screamed out in pain. I watched as a body fell from the tree, hitting the ground with a hard thud. "My job here is done," Hamilton mumbled, folding his arms as he looked at the body for a moment, before turning, and walking back into the castle.

I wasn't planning on sticking around any longer, and I quickly followed after Hamilton, but he seemed to ignore me this time. I took into account that he was probably still angry at me, as I him, and just wanted to be left alone now. I completely understood that, and so I backed down, heading to my own room down the hall. As I walked into my room, I pulled off my soaked clothes, and walked into the nearby bath room.

I opened the little faucet, by pulling up a wooden board, and warm water came pouring into the bathtub. I grabbed a nearby cloth, and jumped into the water, relaxing my body for a quick moment, before giving myself a good scrub. I hadn't taken shower since... well let's just say I haven't touched water since I fell into the lake, which was like a week ago. It was finally nice to relax, since I've been having to worry about my injuries over my chest all the time. They are doing better though, but some have left scars, and others are still scabbed over.