Chapter 27

Hamilton

Fuck!

"Jason!" I screamed as I stared at the lonely salt water ocean, hoping that he would come back up, and tell that everything was ok. "JASON? JASON!"

I ran both of my hands through my hair as I moved around in the sand, trying to figure out what to do, but nothing was coming to my mind, except for the fact that if I had felt his presence sooner, than this would have never happened. But... I didn't, and now he's gone. He's fucking GONE!

"Shit..." I cursed as I slowly crumpled to the ground, with tears forming in my eyes.

"Hamilton?" Chip shouted as he ran up to me; gasping for air, when he came to a stop. "Where did you go? You just randomly disappeared on us!"

"I'm... sorry," I muttered as I pushed myself up from the ground.

I slowly moved over to Chip, and wrapped my arms around him as I pulled him into a comforting hug, for myself. But, it barely worked as my body shook, and more tears continued to stream down the side of my face. I was helpless...

"H-Hamilton?" Chip stuttered as he awkwardly placed his hands on my back. "A-are you ok?"

"No," I sniffed as I hugged him tighter. "Jason's gone, we're alone, and I can't fucking deal with that baby, like I thought I could. I'm going to lose my mind, if I keep thinking that everything's going to be alright, when everything's going to shit."

"But, everything isn't," Chip sighed as he patted my back, to comfort me. "I know that Jason's gone, and you loved him... but, that doesn't mean that you have to throw your life away. You still have me, Anna, and Nat. We're your family, and you're our... dad. We need you now."

I sniffled a laugh, at the word 'dad,' before pulling out of the hug, to wipe away my tears. Then, I looked to Chip, with a small smile. "Thanks, I needed that."

"Yeah, of course!" Chip said as he gave me a small smile, but it quickly turned into one of curiosity.

"Look," he shouted as he ran to the water's edge. "There's a light, in the water!"

"What?" I shouted as I dashed next to him, watching as a light moved through the water.

"Wow!" Chip said, amazed at the sight. "I've never seen something so cool! I'm going to get Anna, and Nat!"

I watched as Chip dashed down the side of the beach, to get Anna, and Nat.

"Please..." I whispered to myself as I looked back to the water. "Please...?"

I watched as the light grew brighter, before it disappeared, completely. All my hope was lost as I stared into the dark waters, before my eyes widened.

"Jason!" I screamed as I jumped into the water, and towards a motionless body.

I grabbed him by the arm, and pulled him to my chest as I moved back towards the shore; hoping that he was breathing.

"Jason?" I asked as I set him onto the ground, waiting for some kind of response. "Jason, can you hea-"

Jason screamed as he shot upwards, practically giving me a heart attack as I jumped back, from shock, before tears streamed down my face, with joy. Then, without a thought, I jumped to my feet, and kissed Jason.

He jerked to halt, before leaning into my kiss. But that quickly ended, when I grabbed him by the shoulders, and pulled him away from me.

"What the hell were you thinking?" I screamed as I shook him. "You could have gotten yourself killed, and... why are you shorter than before?"