Chapter 12

Malissa

I slowly opened my eyes, and quickly wiped the sleep from them, before looking around the pitch black room. Did I fall asleep on the table?

I raised my head, and gasped a little, but calmed my heart, when I noticed that it was only Philip, who was still standing guard of me, but... was sleeping?

I turned my head to the side, to check his eyes, but they seemed closed enough for him to be asleep, before I slowly pushed myself onto my feet; stopping every time I heard Philip make a noise, before continuing with what I'm doing.

I finally got to my feet, and stared up at Philip for a second, before turning my head towards the door. It was so tempting, and I knew that if I left, I could help Matthew. The only problem... was Philip. He was the only obstacle in my way, and I just needed him to get out of it, without getting hurt.

I looked at Philip's calm face, before taking in a deep breath.

I really didn't want to do this to him, and I felt so tempted to just go back to sleep, and leave this whole thing alone, but this was Matthew's life I'm thinking about., and, even if I did get back to my family tree home; Ester would wonder what happened to him, and I couldn't tell her the truth. She would be heart broken.

I looked at Philip's face once more, before closing my eyes, and kicking him across the head; sending him to the ground. I jumped back, when his arm hit my leg, before I carefully leaned over to check his pulse. I really wanted to know if he was still alive, and sure enough, he was. He was completely unconscious.

I sighed with relief; happy that he was not dead, before finding my way down, off the table, and onto the floor. I carefully made my way to the door, checking to make sure that no one was watching me, before slipping underneath the wooden frame.

I slowly made my way underneath, before climbing out. I laughed, at how easy that was, before turning around, and getting the shock of my life.

Tobi stood there, growling at me as he lowered his head to my level, pushing his nose up against me as if to warn me to stay in the house.

"Look, I really need to save him," I said, trying to sound firm. "He's my sister's husband, and you know how woman struggle with child birth. Sometimes.... Sometimes they don't make it, and they die, bring that child into the world. Would you really want a child to be raised, knowing that both parents died? One from childbirth, and the other murdered? Would you want to see someone that you love, hurt?"

He slowly calmed himself down as he thought about it.

"Please? Just this one thing, please?" I pleaded. "I helped you save Markl... Now please help me save someone I love."

He moved back, before shifting into his human form; still looking down at me.

He placed a hand on his hip, and ran a hand through his hair, sighing as he thought for a moment. "I will help you, but on one condition."

"What condition?" I asked.

"We'll see..." he said; not really making any sense as he looked around.

"Okay...? Um... So what is your plan?" I asked.

"Plan? I don't have a plan. I thought you had a plan."

"Yeah, well my plan never contained a werewolf."

"Don't call me that. I'm not a werewolf."

"Uh... ok?"

"Anyways... this is my plan. I take you to the castle, get you to the prisoner bars, and then leave you there. Good plan?"

"Sure," I said. "Whatever you want."

He nodded his head, and quickly changed back into his wolf form, before lowering his head to me, letting me climb onto his back, by climbing onto his face. He stood up, and slowly started to run, heading towards the castle.

~*~

"Ok, so you just go through this tiny hole, and you'll find your way into the dungeons," Tobi said as he pointed to the hole in the wall. "Just don't get caught, and you'll be fine. Get caught, and you're probably going to die. Good luck!"

"Thank you!" I shouted as he turned, and headed back into the forest.

I sighed, and looked at the tiny little hole, before climbing through it, and to the other end. It was a little dusty, but I lived, and got to the other side safely. I slowly peeked my head out of the hole, to make sure that there were no guards in the vicinity, before making my way down the hall.

I slowly came across a cage in the corner of the room, covered with a cloth, before I ripped the cloth from the cage. There, I found the soldiers, and Matthew, in the cage, looking up at me with wide eyes.

"Yes, I'm here to get you out," I sighed as I pulled my dagger from my back pocket, before unlocking the cage. "I'm saving your asses from an execution, so I better hear a thank you."

"Thank you," they all said as they ran out of the cage, heading down the hall.

"There's a tunnel past the boot!" I screamed as they all suddenly turned, heading out of the castle.

I then turned to Matthew. "Well, apparently I give a damn!"

He chuckled as I helped him stand. "I'm really sorry... I have no idea what came over me."

"It's ok," I sighed as I pulled him to the little tunnel, helping him through, and to the other side. "We just need to get you out of here, before the guards find out."

"Ok..." Matthew huffed as we waddled through the forest, heading towards my tree home.

~*~

"The fun has arrived! Thank you very much," I shouted as I made my way into the tree home, along with Matthew.

"Where have you been?" Chris shouts as he grabbed me by the shoulders, glaring me down. "No note, dagger gone! You could have died!"

"I'm dying!" Ester shouted as she threw a pillow at Chris. "I'm having a baby, for goodness sakkes!"

"Oh, goodness!" I shouted as I pushed both Chris, and Matthew to the side. "Ester, you're going to be ok! You just need to breathe!"

"What the hell do you think I'm doing?" she screamed back. "I'm not sucking in air through my skin!"

"Ok... Just calm down," I said as I ran off to grab some more blankets.