Chapter 31

Hamilton

"I can't' fucking believe you," I grumbled, my hands lacing around the bag on my back. Jason only laughed as I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

We had been walking through the forest for at least a couple minutes. Jason was still a little angry with me, but after I gave in, he started chattering up a storm. I became worried about the kids, hallway through our long walk, realizing that we left them with a fairy, who had never met a child in his life.

Malissa slapped me on the arm, and practically broke down laughing as I glared at her. "For someone who looks so tough, you suck at convincing."

"Thanks," I growled, my fingers clenching around the bags strap.

It went silent for a moment, until Markl pushed past a few trees, almost snapping one in half. He looked like he was fuming as he folded his arms over his chest. "Can I PLEASE just carry you?"

"No," I hastily replied, Markl rolling his eyes in response.

"Look, it will just be faster than having to take a step every five minutes," he huffed. "Like, seriously? With my calculations, I have walked less than half a mile in the last hour, which is completely insane! At this point, I could have walked over a mile, with you in my hand. Besides, you guys could probably use the rest. I've got plenty of energy. I mean, I have only taken about seventy-two times less than the steps that you are taking, which is – may I say – A LOT."

"Alright, take me up," Jason sighed, clearly sounding exhausted as he lifted his arms up. I watched as Markl carefully wrapped his thumb and index finger around Jason's waist, lifting him from the ground, and into his right hand.

I watched as he took Jason's bag from him, and carefully placed it in his pants pocket. Then, he turned to Malissa who held her arms out also, letting Markl lift her up to his palm. I watched as two faces peered over the side of his hand, watching me intently.

"No, I'm not going up," I began, his fingers just a few feet from my form. I pointed to his fingers, and shook my head. "You will not put those filthy fingers near me if it is the last thing I do! I don't care if it takes us a thousand years. You are not touching me!"

"Dude, just let him," Malissa shouted, clearly aggravated. "It's not SO bad."

"I..." I trailed off, before finding myself. "No. Just NO."

"Well.... I guess I have no choice," Markl huffed, snatching me up in his hand, not even a small warning as he carefully hovered me a hundred feet in the air, before dropping me in the center of his palm, where Malissa and Jason watched.

Malissa was lying down, her legs crossed and her hands folded behind her head as though it were a pillow. She had her shirt pulled up from the top where her hair was sticking out from the inside of the collar. Jason on the other hand was curled up on his side, with his right arm lying across his face, hiding his eyes from the light. His other hand curled under his side as though he were protecting his stomach from something.

I jumped when Markl's fingers curled back to their usual relaxed position, a dark shadow following after. The shade was a little nice, because the sun was blaring down on all of us. Of course, the trees helped a little, blocking the bright light, but it really did drain all of us.

I let out a sigh, and sat down in between both Malissa and Jason, looking around as the wind started blowing against us. Markl's hand shook lightly at every step he made, but he seemed very concentrated on where he was going.

"How long do you think it would take for us to get to the castle?" I asked, looking up at him. His eyes flashed down at me for a second, before going back to where he was going.