Chapter 32

Hamilton

In the past few minutes, I had gotten Chris out of the cage, been seen by a soldier, accidentally tackled to the ground by Malissa's younger sister, who only screamed in my face, forced to carry a child who was crying dramatically, and then forced to jump from a window into a large bush, where we proceeded to run for our lives.

"Run, run, RUN!" Malissa screamed as she held tightly to Betty, her other hand holding onto Nicky's.

An arrow shot into the ground, splitting our part into multiple groups. I crashed into Chris while trying to avoid the arrow, accidentally knocking him over. I skidded to a halt and turned my head, watching as a giant readied his bow.

"Move!" I shouted as I tackled Chris to the ground, just as a large arrow passed over our heads. We tumbled down a steep hill, and underneath a large pile of dead leaves, before I looked towards Chris, who was gasping for air.

I quickly pushed myself away from him, and grasped onto my shirt, while I breathed in heavily, trying to catch my own breath. My chest pounding wildly as I looked towards Chris, who looked like he was about to pass out from shock.

"No... don't go to sleep," I started as I slapped him on the shoulder, startling him back awake. "Don't want to bring Malissa back a dead body."

Chris just let out a weak laugh as he grabbed at his sides, groaning as he attempted to sit up. "Shit, I think I got hit..."

That got my eyes wide as I grabbed at his hand, pulling it up over his head, just to see a large gash at his side. I let out a growl of anger as I released his hand, while trying to calm my nerves. "I've already had to deal with Jason, and now I have to deal with this... bullshit."

"Excuse me?" Chris snapped, looking at me with the most shocked face. "I am bleeding here, and you're calling it 'bullshit?'"

"Um... yeah? Got a problem with that?"

His face just scrunched up in anger, before he groaned in pain; his hand clasping over his side as he fell to the ground. "Damn it..."

I let out an exhausted sigh as I pushed a large leaf up from my head, while peeking out from underneath it. Then, just as I thought the coast was clear, a large foot stopped just a few feet away from my head, and I instantly caught my breath.

I froze in my spot, worried that if I attempted to put the leaf down that it might make a noise.

"Any sign of the little buggers?" the man spoke, just as another guard rounded the corner, while shaking his head. The man let out an irritated sigh as he turned his head around, thinking about which way to look next. "This is practically useless."

"The only reason that we have not found them is because we... haven't been looking from their perspective," the other muttered as he came to a serious realization. "We've been looking up, instead of down."

Both eyes widened as they suddenly snapped their heads to the ground, both eyes landing right on me.

"SHIIIIIIIT," I screamed as I dropped the leaf, grabbing onto Chris, who groaned at the sudden jolt of movement. I looked up, and quickly wrapped my body around Chris' as a large foot kicked at the pile of leaves, sending us airborne.

The ground instantly came into view, and I quickly braced myself for the rough landing. Though, when I thought I was about to hit the ground, something roughly pulled us upwards, scrapping roughly against our skin.

I pushed away from Chris, and looked around to see what had happened, before panicking.

"Well, well, well," someone laughed, walking slowly up to the net I was caught in. "Looks like someone came to the wrong place. Really is a shame that you will be spending the rest of your life in exile, Hamilton. Although, I'm sure you already knew that."

~*~

They threw me to the ground, and I growled at them as I struggled against the metal clasps around my wrists. "Let me go!"

"Leave us," the king ordered as he waved his hand at his guards, who bowed their heads, before leaving the room. I just glared up at the demonic man in front of me, who only eyed me for a second. "You were banned from here, when you became a rogue. I dare say, what made you return?"

I kept my mouth shut as I turned my head away from him, and over to Chris, who lay motionless on the ground. His hands left at his sides, and his feet unbound. This only means that he is too weak to move, or worse... he's dead.

"Worried about the human, I see," the king taunted as he sat up from his throne, making his way over to us. He brushed a strand of black hair from his face, revealing his bright red eyes as his boots clacked against the marble floors.

"Leave us alone," I snapped as I tried to move over to Chris, only to be stopped by the metal pole that held me in place. The king turned his head to me, with his eyebrows raised in amusement. "He did nothing wrong!"

"No matter," he laughed as he stopped in front of Chris' body, tapping his foot against Chris' stomach lightly. I watched as Chris started coughing, a light whimper escaping his lips as one of his arms grabbed at his injury. "He is as pathetic as you."

"He is a human," I snapped. "Course he's pathetic. He doesn't know anything about you, and what you're capable of."

The king rolled his eyes as knelt down to Chris' level, looking him over. "What brought you here, weakling?"

"I said leave him alone!" I shouted, my shackles crashing roughly against the pole as I tried pulling out of them. "Can't you hear, you bastard?!"

"Silence yourself!" he ordered as he snapped his fingers, my jaw clasping together at his power. He let out an exasperated sigh as he turned his attention back to Chris. "Now... where were we? Ah... yes. You were going to tell me what brought you here?"

"And... if I don't?" Chris coughed, his breath shaken.

"I shall kill you here and now," the king threatened, his voice barely above a whisper. "But, if you tell me now, I shall let your friend go."

"He's not my friend," Chris coughed, his voice hoarse.

"Oh?"

The king seemed more interested in what Chris had to say about me, and I only growled as Chris coughed once again, trying to catch a breath. "More of an acquaintance really... I-I met him just a few hours ago."

"Oh, for what special occasion?"

"W-we were running from gian-"

Chris suddenly rolled over, and let his stomach empty as the king snapped his head to me, his eyes sharp. HE seemed furious. "You were running from giants? What for?"

I turned my head once again.

"Oh, come on now," the king laughed, a grin now plastered on his face. "Don't be like that. If you tell me, then I might consider saving your little friend's life. How's that sound?"

"Fine," I snapped. "But, first, you must let me out of these damn shackles."

"How about no?"

"What?"

"Guards!" the king called; the door instantly opening as four guards rushed into the room. "Take the human to my quarters, and lay him on my bed. I shall have a delightful snack after this ridiculous conflict, and decapitating sentence."

"No! Wait?" I shouted, just as the guards picked Chris up. "I'll tell you, just please heal him."

The king eyed me for a second, before looking to two other guards. "Take him to the prison, and the boy to my room. I have a decision I need to make."