4. Duality

Orlando Wren was a foreigner and the most beautiful man he had ever seen. Masculine; exuding power and control. Standing at six foot four and weighing in at about two hundred pounds, he was giving Charlotte a ladyboner.

"Harlot!", Art scoffed at her.

All these feelings of admiration were from her and he felt violated.

"It's a physical thing", she shrugged shamelessly. "Now you know how it feels to be on the receiving side."

"How could an Omega work on a stud farm?", Wren asked full of surprise. "It doesn't make any sense. His wolf would make it impossible for him to be around horses."

"His Alpha but a blind on him", the King explained patiently.

Art could feel how the Alpha senses of Wren scanned him.

"Extraordinarily enough it still seems to be in place", he remarked unsatisfied.

King Dimitri dismissed his unspoken objection.

"It will ware of in a few months after Arthur turns seventeen."

"But still.."

A simple hand gesture silenced the Captain.

In the meanwhile Alexi had observed the stolen glances that his friend threw at the Captain and bit his lip. Charlotte must be the one in love because he could see his friends clenched fists. The Prince leaned towards his father and whispered something in his ear.

King Dimitri smiled at the suggestion of his son. Everything was falling in to place without him having to lift a finger.

"Captain Wren. My son tells me that you lost your manservant during the war."

"Yes, Sire."

"I can see that this blind thing is bothering you. So I suggest a compromise. You can remove his blind if you offer Arthur a place as a manservant in your household and consequently place him under your personal protection."

Art's jaw dropped to the ground. He went down on both knees, begging and pleading to the king to change his mind.

All it did was stir the curiosity of Wren. The boy was an enigma. Not only did he have a very powerful blind, but he was also unable so sense his wolf. As an Alpha male that should not be happening.

"I accept."

Pleased with this outcome, King Dimitri rubbed his hands together and turned to Art.

"Captain Wren is now responsible and accountable for your wellbeing, Arthur. No harm will come to you under his protection."

Alexi's eyes skid over Art's bruised face and body.

"If I should find him in a state like this again, Captain Wren, I will hold you personally responsible."

Art couldn't believe it. What had just happened? He was going where?

"Wait! What about my mother? She will be waiting for me", protested Art when Wren walked out of the room and the two guards grabbed his arms.

"I will send word to Moira, Arthur. Now listen to your new master", he heard King Dimitri say before his was whisked out of the room.

After a surprise visit to the palace physician, who just looked him once over and gave him the all clear, he was dragged to the house of Wren. His masculine scent was much stronger here and Charlotte was a giggling mess.

"I've never seen you act so stupid. Why are you making such a fool of yourself over this man? Have you forgotten that he is the one that killed my father?"

Charlotte winched a little at the rebuke but still managed to defend her crush.

"So says Vincent and you know how he lies about everything just to make himself look more interesting. Let's give Orlando the benefit of the doubt."

"Why would I?" replied Art stubbornly.

Charlotte scoffed.

"Seriously? You don't notice how amazing he smells? The only thing that comes close to this was the scent of your father. We haven't met another werewolf of this caliber before. I'm sure that Wren will be able to protect us when he takes of the blind."

She almost purred with satisfaction being able to uncover her identity to this virile man.

"Not going to happen", Art refused flat out.

"But you heard King Dimitri. He gave the order to take of the blind. Let him try."

Art raised his chin in defiance when he heard the footsteps of Wren approaching.

His eyes followed the man around the room who still had to acknowledge his presence. When a messenger arrived causing a new influx of fresh air he rolled his eyes in irritation over the swooning Charlotte.

Wren must have caught his expression.

"I can tell just by looking at you, that you'll make for a lousy manservant. After I have removed your blind I'll return you home to your mother."

Two very distinctive emotions were visible on Art's face. Relief and disappointment.

Wren frowned. It seemed that this boy's wolf had a mind of his own. Question remained which emotion belonged to the boy and which to the wolf?

It wasn't often that he was unable to read someone. The boy was a possible threat to the Royals; even though they themselves seemed to think he was harmless. How could he dismiss the boy as a threat when he was under the blind of a very powerful Alpha. It made for a very intriguing puzzle.

Problem was that Wren hated puzzles. It presented him with too many variables since he couldn't see the big picture. He needed to uncover all the boy's secrets before he could let him go home.

He hadn't lied when he said he would let him go; he just hadn't specified how long it would take.