Prologue

Third POV

I am so lonely…

I don’t mind,

I mind I have the servants but…

…Why?

Why do I feel so lonely?

Why don’t Juri sama and Haruka sama want me?

Am I a monster?

A child drowning in the lake not far away from the mansion, a lady who look identical to the girl is her mother with brownish heir while standing there and just staring at her with no pity. No intention to save her or whatsoever. The child around 5 years old, calling for her mother to save her, begging.

“Mother! H-Help! I-I can’t swim!” She coughed, waving her arms to swim at the surface.

The lady glared at her with full hatred and cold. “Mother? You’re not my daughter and don’t you dare called me your ‘mother’, you worthless scum!”

With that, she left her alone, leaving her drowning just like that while her other family members were watching her and left.

No…

Please…

Don’t go… I can’t…

She passed out.

Somehow, every time she passed out, she was out of the lake and lay on the ground and no one was around. Though she survived from drowning, Juri would always took her to the lake and let the child drowned alone. This happened again and again but there’s one question in her mind… ‘Who dare saved that monster from drowning?’ Juri was curious and confused, whenever she left the child alone… she saw her entered the mansion alive. She expected her to drown dead but it didn’t happened.

Little does she know, a shadow figure watched everything from the beginning and couldn’t stand of what that lady had done to an innocent child.

The next day on evening, as usual Juri and her husband, Haruka, dragged Airisu, the child, towards the lake and Juri slaps the child face making her fly across the ground almost touch the lake with her angry expression. Airisu groan in pain and yelp when she felt her hair pulled up to face Juri’s angry expression.

“You monster! You are unwanted, unloved and hated by everyone! No one will ever love someone like you!” Juri shouts at her before throw her to the lake.

Airisu gasped from the surface, reaching her arms up to grabbed something but nothing was there except air. Juri smile at the scene while Haruka just stared at her in pity. Her brother, Kaname, watching from afar but didn’t do anything to stopped or save her which make her felt betrayed and shocked because his eyes were cold and empty when he sees her. But when he saw Yuki, her twin sister, his eyes were fill with loved and kind.

They… hate me…

I am alone…

Unwanted by them…

But…

… I still loved them…

..they are my family…

Why do they hate me so much?

Was it because of my eyes?

The Kuran family hates her due to her crystal eyes that the same eyes as her uncle, Rido Kuran. What’s wrong with that? Her uncle treated her with love, warm and nice but her family treats her the opposite, cruel, abused and threaten.

“Help!” Airisu gasped.

“Help? Ha! No one will save a monster like you!”

“Let’s go, Juri.”

They watched her for a moment before they left her alone, drowning again… but this time, someone DID come to save her but this person is not an ordinary one. She was tried to swim back and let herself be drown in the water…

Of course…

Why would I want to live if they is no one love me or need me?

My family hates me…

I am unwanted…

I just…

… let myself die right now.

But, she wouldn’t expected a man with white haired jumped in the water and saved her. Out from the lake and lay on the ground,  she coughed and greedy breath for oxygen. Her clothes was wet and she felt cold due to winter, when she looked up to saw the man knelt down to her height with a sad smile yet mix of genuine smile.

He sighed, “Are you alright, dear?” he reached his hand forward to pat  her but she whimp, fear that he might hurt her. He saw this and instead of patting her head, he reached out to embrace her, catching her off guard by the sudden action.

He soothed her, gently comp her haired and whispers to her ear. “It’s alright. You don’t have to be afraid. I’ll protect you. From now on, I’ll adopt you as my own daughter and treat you different than THEM.”

“W-What?” She stuttered.

His embraced tighten a bit, place his chin on top of her head while glared at the mansion with full hatred and cold gazed. The truth is, he was the one who had kept an eye on her and saw everything that had happened to the poor child.

Her eyes getting heavier due to the cold and shiver at the low temperature. He noticed it as he wrapped her with his coat and lifted her up. Before he began to walked away from the mansion, he mumbled in a deep voice that gave a shiver down to your spine.

“You don’t belong  to them. They don’t deserve to have you as they’re daughter. I’ll be sure to give them a message.”

With that, they disappeared into the forest.