Chapter 25: Pureblood Princess

Third POV

A pureblood

Most vampires value known as 'Status' or could I say their blood ties. For human, they only acknowledge and respect those who are from the royal family or even higher than that. Status...

.... such ignorance indeed.

That's include the vampire's.

'Protect' the pureblood family for generations... Continue their blood line by marrying their own siblings to keep pureblood alive. What kind of mind set was that??

That is not the definition of 'protect'.

It's power is what they want.

Hunger for power..

Those pureblood look high and mighty for themselves, thinking for themselves and those who are under their level are their slaves and servants.

True the pureblood has been respected by their species.... was because they are powerful! Vampires fear them. Not respect them.

But, the pureblood is not so powerful than the Vampire King himself. Karl is the strongest of them all. He is much more different, kind even though he doesnt show it and show few good leadership to his fellow brothers and sisters, his family. He may looked cold hearted but he never betray nor let his kind in suffer. He treated everyone equally. Humans or vampire. Low level vampires or royal vampires. He treats them all the same. No more or less.

When he discovered the day he adopted his daughter, he swore that he will never let the Kuran or any Pureblood get near his daughter. Never.  After what they had done to her... she doesnt deserved them at all. Just because of her eyes, she shouldnt received that kind of abused by her own family. Her biological family. What kind of pureblood would be too fear to accept her just because of those beautiful crystal eyes?! She was innocent!

She is not a curse.

She is a blessing.

Exclude Rido and Shizuka of course. Those two shows their loves for Elise. Genuinely.

Back to the present...

Somewhere near at the Cross Academy, one big family stood protectively in front of Elise like a wall prevent her near a certain enemy which is Kaname and Yuki. He stares at them in slightly trouble, sensing their mixed venom dark aura instant killing thirst and waiting to unleash any second now.

Yuki on the other hand, feeling terrified of the new presences in front  of her which she now know that is Elise's one hell of a family. She never knew Elise is with one of the most powerful and terrifying vampires.

The purple haired lady scoffed, once she saw the looks on the Kuran's eyes. She crossed her arms under her chest, hissed in disgust, "So now you regret for hurting my beloved Elise? Tch, took you long enough. But~~" she flawlessly waved her hand before her sharp eyes look down at them as if they are peasents, "You dare to speak in front of my daughter begging for forgiveness? "

Elise walked beside her, place her hand on her right arm as she softly say, "Mother..."

Cordellia shush her with her hand raise up, "Hush, my dear. He should now his place." Elise pout.