Ryan and Veronica's Date

Veronica's POV

I woke up Saturday morning, feeling fresh as a daisy. I smiled and looked out my window, the bright, morning sun, was burning my eyeballs, but I don't care.

I stood up from my comfy bed and stretched. I picked up my phone from my night stand, and read the time, 9:32 AM.

Ugh, still to early.

I suddenly realized what day it is, and got excited.

Today's my date with Ryan! I squealed quietly, then stopped.

"Never do that again, Veronica." I told myself, shaking my head.

I sent my phone back down, and slipped my fuzzy, purple slippers on and walked down stairs.

I entered the kitchen, and my nose was filled with the smell of Saturday pancakes. Every Saturday my father and mother make us pancakes, and I love it.

"Morning, sweetie." My mother greeted, and I smiled at her.

"Morning, Munchkin." My father kissed my head, walking by me to go to the bathroom.

"Good morning." I walked over to my mother, and kissed her cheek.

She looked at me differently, and was surprised. I glanced away, confused by her facial expression. "What? Something wrong?"

"No, it's just that you always walk out, with a gloom look on you face and bags under you eyes. You seem happier." She chuckled, getting a plate out from the cabinet, and putting three pancakes on it.

"Well, today is a special day." I winked at her, and grabbed the syrup from the table, where Nikell was stuffing her little face.

I giggled at her, and she smiled at me. Her teeth were full of pancake fluff. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my plate for the kitchen.

"Oh! Is it because of your date with, your cute friend, Ryan?" She smirked, as I sat down next to my sister.

I blushed, looking at my pancakes. "Maybe...."

"Shiz flushing." Nikell muffled through the pancakes in her mouth.

I groaned, looking away, "That's gross, sis."

I heard her swallow, and she breathed. "She's blushing!"

I couldn't help, but crack a smile on my face. I picked up the knife that I had and spread butter on my pancakes.

"Aww, my daughters got her first date tonight." I heard my father coo, making his way over to us.

"It's just a date, not a big deal." I raised an eyebrow at them, and continued to cut my pancakes.

My mother walked over to me, and my father turned off the oven, because we finished making the pancakes.

"It is a big deal, honey. You never know, you might marry Ryan." She winked at me, sitting down in front of my sister and I.

"Marry? I'm fourteen, I haven't had my first kiss yet." I complained, and ate a piece of my pancake.

"I know, I'm just implying, what I think. Ryan seems like a nice, caring guy, who you seem to like." She explained, placing a piece of pancake into hr mouth.

"Don't rush her, dear. Besides, I'm not to fond of this date, but I've met Ryan, very polite guy." My father cut in, sitting next to his wife, with his plate full of pancakes in his hands.

"Yeah, he is. I just hope it goes well." I looked at the hardwood floor, picking my nails.

A techno path an alien freak, let's see how this goes.