Let's Go Clubbing!

Veronica's POV

Today I wasn't feeling all that great, every day I feel weaker, and more drained. It's has been so difficult to move around.

I have to tell the guys, and I need to be fixed.

One problem, Ryan is invested in getting answers for himself, about his powers. He wouldn't care about what I need right now, so why bother asking.

Anyway, I was at Mech-X5 with the guys, minus Mark, in the research lab. Harris was working on something he built, some sort of science fair project.

"So, instead of figuring out how to get to Leo, you've been working on a science fair project?" Ryan questioned Harris, confused.

I noticed that Spyder was flipping a wrench, and I chuckled.

"First, it's the final selection for the Harper Grant, not a science fair. Respect the game." Harris defended.

Spyder was being himself and touched the electric bulb, and got shocked.

"And I'm doing both at the same time. Check this out, it's a power amplifier I created. It can manipluate any power source from any distance." Harris explained, and I nodded, impressed. He set down whatever he was holding, and focused on the amplifier. "Increase."

Thats when all the lights got brighter, and I squinted my eyes from the light.

"Decrease." Harris decreased the amplifier, and the lights got darker turning back to normal. "Whatever you want. So I win the Grant using this bad boy, use Harper's tech to miniaturize all of this into a wrist band, patent, make it rain. I marry Selena Gomez."

This kid has a big imagination.

"And when do we find Leo?" Ryan asked changing the subject.

"And when do we manage to get my powers back?" I jumped in, clasping my hands behind my back.

"Using everything I have in my disposal at Harper Futuristics. Five minutes after I walk in there." Harris informed us, and I mentally groaned.

"Yeah, but first, I have to find tech to get Mech-X5 into Submarine Mode." Mark appeared behind us, grabbing devices he needs.

"I also designed a sub mode." Harris added, and lifted up a piece of paper. "All of this stuff will be in Mech-X3."

Mark took the paper, examining it. "Which is where I will be if you need me. And uh, good luck at your, uh. "Mark shrugged not caring. "Nerd-off."

I stifled my laughter, smiling.

"It's not a competition!" Harris called to him, as Mark walked out. "Even if it was, all I need to do is be the biggest brain in the room."

I don't think anyone is smarter then Harris.....

Except my cousin Veracity.

---

That same day, we went to Bay City High with Harris to check out the Harper Grant. I mostly went to see my cousin, haven't seen her for two years.

I walked in and saw many projects, and I instantly didn't like it.

I love science, but this it too much.

I was standing close to Ryan, with his hand in mine, inncase I pass out or start to feel sick.

"Well, how is the second smartest kid in Bay City doing?" Veracity walked around the project to him.

"Totally a competition." Ryan nodded, glancing at us.