Chapter 9 - New Realizations

Flame

Chapter 9 - New Realizations

.

At first I thought it was all a lie. That my brain had been insane enough to create that in my dreams. So I simply kept it to myself as Ian made breakfast and as he took me to school, where I spent my morning with Thomas. He didn't seem any different, but then again he hadn't been in my dream. Only... when I entered my fifth period and my eyes met Lukas' my stomach twisted at the realization that it had not been a dream. It wasn't a lie.

I found myself over thinking about them. How did they see everything? Did they ever want to be human? Did they feel normal?

Then my thoughts traveled to the two brothers and my skin heated up. My fingers itched to feel their jaws again, or the smooth skin of either of them that I was able to feel. I remembered the hard dips of his lean abdomen, his hot skin beneath my fingertips. And their mouths. I craved feeling their lips on mine again, feeling both the brothers' lips on me. I craved it all and more.

I look down, startled, when a paper lands on my desk. To my left, Lukas snickers at me and I look up at the teacher, who was talking by the projector, before slowly unfolding the paper.

Now is not the time to be thinking about my brothers.

My lips part a little and a hot blush covers my cheeks as I crumple the paper tightly, snapping my head to Lukas. He grins at me, his eyes making sure Gabbie and Kyle aren't looking and he taps his nose before turning back to the screen. I literally feel my mouth drop open as I snap my head to the front, heart racing.

They could not smell... that... could they? Oh my god. That was so embarrassing! It was worse than a fart! 

It was hard to squash down any thoughts about Christopher and Nicholas after that, but I manage- if just barely. The rest of the class period took too long and after our teacher finished the lesson, I opened my book to start of my homework. I could clearly do it at home, but ever since I spent my time in Lukas' house, I had less time to do homework at home.

"How are you feeling?" Gabbie asks as she leans forward, her fingers giving mine a soft squeeze.

We were in lunch already and I didn't know how to feel about Lukas buying my lunch again. At first I felt a little bad about having him waste money on me, but it was okay, for now. Last night, he told me that ever since his brothers caught my smell on him and they knew Lukas paid for me, they deposited money on his account. He was rather pleased, to say the least. It made me feel a small flutter inside my chest at the thought of them worrying for me.

Lukas also told me what he would tell his parents when he went back home. He told me how they were expecting him to go back with me knowing everything about them- and even if I did, they didn't know that. According to what he told them, Lukas was about to tell me when we started talking about other things and he felt that it hadn't been the right time. I was a little grateful, since he told me it would be really hard to lie. He managed though, so I was a little glad about that.

I look up at Gabbie with a small smile, "I'm fine" I say and lick my lips, "Ian wanted me to stay home for a while. I'm good now though."

Kyle rests his head on her shoulder as he studied me, "Well, lets hope you can join us today after school again" he states.

My eyes go to Lukas, who nods, and I follow with a small sigh. "Yeah. That sounds good." I was so excited to see them, to... study them. It was all so strange now. It felt... surreal, to say the least. They were freaking werewolves.