Chapter 25 - Birthday Sex?

Flame

Birthday Sex?

.

For as long as I could remember, my birthdays had been celebrated the same way as the last. Ian would be the first to wish me happy birthday. Ian would be the first to wake me up at midnight. Ian would be the first to do everything.

The first and only.

I didn't know how to feel about this sudden change.

Ian was there to wake me up at midnight, but Christopher had gotten grumpy about being woken up at that hour. Nicholas had tried to shut him up before pressing his lips on mine in a hot kiss- of which his brother soon followed. Then, Lukas and the others woke up with the noise and I was wished well. Overall, it wasn't like those nights where we had to be quiet, Ian and I, as he lit up a tiny candle and told me to blow it out.

No, this was... different.

Now, at breakfast, birthday wishes were being sent to me left and right. From everyone and anyone. I'd already gotten a couple gifts- and I was forced to open them at that time. I'd been given items I would have never thought I would receive. Lukas gave me one of those touch watches, which had seemed really cool, but too confusing for me to enjoy it. Gabbie gifted me designer clothes, pairs that costed more than my whole wardrobe. Thomas and Sandra gave me headphones- those expensive looking beads. This was nothing compared to what my mates were planning on giving me. Christopher was bent on taking me to get a car, Nicholas wanted to change my current phone to one of the newest ones. I hadn't even seen what their parents wanted to give me, their uncles and even their friends.

It all made me feel uneasy. Throughout the whole day, I hadn't had a single moment to spend with my brother and it made an ache spread in my chest. His birthday wishes were what I craved, what I wanted. I wasn't given a single moment with him though. Not just ourselves.

"Come on, Brandon. Blow the candle!" Gabbie urges, her phone on her hand as she probably filmed this. After coming down once we were awake and showered, I'd been surprised with a cake- which was large. It was the biggest one I've ever gotten.

I couldn't help the flush that hit my cheeks at the many pairs of eyes on me and I push my glasses up, rubbing my arm after. "I thought cake was for the night" I mumble.

Lukas snorts as he sends a look to Cody, "It's all uncle Cody's fault. He loves cake too much and would always get two cakes. Ever since, we all get double cakes. Not that I'm complaining though."

I study the cake a little bit harder and turn to look at my brother, who stood by the wall with his arms crossed. They were still slightly tense about what happened a couple days ago, but for my sake, they were trying and I was absolutely glad. I would do it again if it came to that. I would help Milo again and again. Besides, Nicholas and Christopher were more closer to me at night. It was all good now.

Eliza was right beside Ian, and even I could see they weren't as tense with each other as they had been before. Ian gives a small tilt of his head and I turn back to the cake, closing my eyes hard, heart pounding before thinking of my single wish.

Keep him away.

I blow the candle and press my lips together when they cheer once again, Vanessa moving to probably cut the cake. Cody practically jumps in his spot, Michael standing behind him with his hands on his hips, probably to keep him from lurching forward. I turn away from that and make my way to my brother, who straightens as I approach, but I hear my name behind me and pause, having a second to send my brother a look before a hand grabs my wrist and I was pulled away.