Chapter 27 - The Past

Flame

Chapter 27 - The Past

You all suprised me by how much you care about Ian lol.. I just have to decide if he lives or... Anyways, thanks for reading. <3

.

I remember the day Ian gave me a present for the first time in my life. We were young, just children, but still, he had thought of me and my birthday. He gave me our mother's necklace. He had always worn it around his neck, always hidden beneath his collar, but that day, he gave it to me. I'd been thrilled, I'd been ecstatic about it. I'd promised I would take care of it with my life. It also made me feel safe, protected. It made me feel as if our mother was there with me, but more importantly, it made me feel that Ian was there. That I was warm and safe and protected. That I had my brother right beside me.

I didn't feel that anymore.

My head was pounding when I began to gain consciousness, my body felt heavy and I was just simply in pain. I was laying down and, truthfully, I didn't want to get up. I wanted to go back to sleep, to rest, to wait until Christopher and Nicholas came to me. I couldn't feel them beside me and I wanted to sleep.

Then the realization hit me like a ton of bricks and dread settled in the pit of my stomach. I didn't sit up in shock like most would, but only because I was too afraid to do so. I was too terrified to open my eyes, to even breath. But I was terrified of the dark behind my eyes even more so I force myself to open my eyes, shuddering when I realized I was in some sort of room. It was a sort of basement, but it was all wood so closer to a cellar.

It was not what I expected either. The cellar had couches, a table at the center with a carpet beneath it, a television against a wall, systems that reminded me of Lukas and the others. The floor was a nice looking wood. What made my stomach clench was the picture of the family of four on the wall. And as I took a look around, my eyes land on a camera set up at the back, by the stairs. The angle it had captured the whole room and from where I was, I could see the blinking red dot on the side. I crawl back away from it slowly.

And then I remembered Ian.

I remembered how he'd fallen, how he'd slumped over me. I remembered falling with him, I remembered the heavy weight of rain on my shoulders. I remembered the blood on the front of his shirt. The water was washing it away, but it was thick, it was gushing. I remembered how much I'd cried, how much I'd screamed for help. And perhaps I was heard, perhaps I was seen because I heard sirens.

But he hadn't tried to kill me, no. He'd taken me with him. As leverage, who knew. I knew he wanted Ian with him. He always wanted Ian with him, he just wanted me out of the way. But he'd shot Ian. He'd killed Ian. And now I didn't know what he wanted from me.

I choke on a breath and it wasn't long before hot tears were running down my cheeks, before I literally felt my whole world crumple around me. Ian was gone. He was gone forever. He was gone and I was alone and he was just... gone.

No.

He couldn't be gone. He couldn't be. He was alive when father ripped me from him. Ian was alive as father wrapped a cloth against my face because I'd seen him. I'd seen him try to get up, try to get to me. He must've gotten help because there was no way he was dead. He couldn't be. Not him. He just couldn't be gone.

The door opens and my heart literally stops beating at the heavy steps making their way down the stairs. Then it beats out of control when he appears at the bottom. I was suddenly reminded how much he and Ian looked alike. How much he was terrifying. How much I really, really was terrified of him. And they might look like exact replicas, but Ian was not like him. Ian was... good. He was good.