Chapter 19 - Bonding

Flame

Chapter 19 - Bonding

- Mature Content

.

"You know what I just realized?" I whisper, touching his fingers around the cast and watching him watch me do so. His eyes raise to mine and I sigh a little, "We won't ever have to play 'who lived in the house before us' anymore" I say, shrugging a shoulder, "I'm probably going to miss that" I admit with a soft smile.

My brother exhales slowly before licking his lips, "Yeah" he murmurs in response. My stomach rumbles a second later and I flush when Ian grins at me. His eyes flicker to the clock before he tilts his head, "How about some three in the morning pancakes?" he asks.

I laugh a little and press my fingers against my mouth, "We shouldn't" I whisper from between them.

My brother shrugs a shoulder, "They're asleep" he snorts before sitting up and I follow with a wide expression. He yanks on a t-shirt before tossing me one of his and I yank it over my head, the shirt just a little larger than mine. It reached my upper thighs but it didn't hang off a shoulder and it relaxed me a bit. I had my pajama pants and quickly tiptoe after him. "Blueberry or simple?" he asks as he looks through the cupboards.

"Blueberry, absolutely" I giggle.

"The real question" he says, turning to me with a playful smile, "is: do you want them from scratch or already prepared?"

"From scratch" I nod quickly and watch him move to the fridge to take out the eggs and the other ingredients. Ian had learned to cook really quick- because he had to feed me and himself. He seemed to enjoy it though and I actually didn't mind his cooking. He only ever did it when we had enough money to be able to prepare a meal rather than have it easy to go.

Ian takes out a bowl and I quickly stand up to mix the ingredients inside- since he couldn't with his cast. He turns on the stove and then adds the blueberries before taking it and flipping as best as he could. After that I take a seat on the stool and let the delicious smell of pancakes drift up my nose. The smell made my taste buds water and my stomach growled again. Just a couple of minutes later and Ian is taking out the first two, taking out a plate and setting them there before sliding it to me. I grin at him before he passes the honey and I dig in. Ian obviously steals a couple of bites as he makes his own and once his are done, he moves towards the counter.

His hands had a little of the mix and I push his hand away when he rubs it on my face, "Ian, stop it!" I laugh as I wipe my face. He pushes my hands away and I let out a loud giggle when he grips my head, "Ian-"

"I knew I smelled food" a voice behind us groans and Ian moves away, a scowl dropping on his face. I turn and feel my smile widen at the sight of Milo. His eyes flick from me to my brother and he inclines his head a little, "Sorry for interrupting" he states.

I shake my head quickly, "Its okay!" I assure and turn to the obvious left overs of the batch. "Do you want some? Ian can make more" I add, sending him a look to which he rolls his eyes.

Milo shakes his head, "I don't-"

"Here" my brother states as he pushed his plate of freshly made pancakes to Milo before moving to the stove to make more.

Milo, not wanting to be rude or something, takes a seat two stools from me and murmurs a thank you as I passed him the honey. I smile, "You couldn't sleep?" I ask. Milo raises his eyes and shakes his head, "We couldn't either. We tried to be quiet but Ian clearly forgets to be" I laugh. "I was hungry and he made me pancakes."

Milo smiles slightly, "That's nice of him" he nods and I hear my brother make a small sound. "Usually, I hear Vanessa tell Aaron to make himself something if he's hungry at night" he smiles before shakes his head, "These are really good. Thank you" he adds to my brother.