Chapter 22 - The Pack

Flame

Chapter 22 - The Pack

.

Elliot and Gage were so freaking pissed off. There was no denying it and no words to change it. They were angry and their anger was targeted at my brother. He accepted it all, though. We had all left them in the room, talking, and even from the gameroom upstairs I could hear their voices when they got really pissed off.

Imagine if I had their hearing.

I didn't know what they were saying but I didn't really need to figure it out. It was kind of obvious what they were talking about. I just hoped they didn't really get out of control. My brother was, truthfully, an idiot but I didn't want him to be attacked by a pair of angry wolves.

"What are they saying now?" I ask with a heavy exhale, dropping my head back against the couch as I laid splayed over it. Their voices had gone down a while ago which I hoped was a good sign or something.

Lukas sends me a snicker as he sat opposite of me, "Wouldn't you like to know" he teases.

I tilt my head towards him and sigh heavily, pouting right after, "That's not fair. I can't hear what they're saying."

"You're not meant to" he states before shrugging with a look to Kyle and Cameron, "Nothing bad, by the way. They're almost on the same page" he adds.

Thomas turns to me and shrugs a shoulder, his other free arm around his mate, Sandra, "Don't worry, I can't hear a peep either."

I hum softly before furrowing my brows, "I never really finished my finals" I state with a look to them. "Does that mean I have to repeat the semester?"

Lukas snorts, "No way. The principal is mated to one of our pack members. I'm sure we could spare you the trouble. We'd have your diploma in less than a week."

My eyes widen at that and I sit up while raising my legs on the couch and crossing them beneath me, "Isn't that cheating?" I ask.

Gabbie scoffs, "As if" she starts, "Your last two classes were not core classes. You only missed the last day so you technically did finish your year." I hum a little before she shrugs, "Since none of us walked, all of our diplomas should be getting here soon."

I want to ask how long that would be but another question crosses through my mind, "Are any of you going to college? What are you majoring in?"

Gabbie shrugs one shoulder almost dismissively, "We're wolves, Brandon. Wolves stay in a pack- we don't belong in the city. I mean, its pretty obvious why."

I frown in displeasure, "That's no good" I state and cross my arms, "Haven't you ever wanted to be something? Study something?" my eyes flick to Lukas at that and he sends me a look.

"I'm the beta of a pack- I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. Besides, there's no way we can think of any of that. We have to make sure you're safe first" he says in response. I cast my eyes down at that, a small wave of guilt rushing through me.

They were only friends and I was ruining their lives already.

"We need to get you out for a while" Gabbie states almost an hour later, my eyes raising to her. She sits up, "You're always either beside your brother or the two triplets. Some time away from them should do you good" she nods before turning to Lukas. "We should go somewhere."

Lukas rolls his eyes, "Going anywhere right now would be completely stupid. Not only is Brandon to be watched, but his brother and my brothers would never allow it."

That was not fair. I didn't want to be locked up because I was in danger. He will find me, I knew. If he really wanted to, this wouldn't stop him.