Chapter 26 - He's Here

Flame

Chapter 26 - He's Here

.

I was completely engulfed in heat when I began to gain consciousness the next morning. Nicholas was laying on his back, the sheets barely covering his lower half, his face turned towards me as I laid right beside him, my arm laying over his chest. Christopher was cuddled up right at my back, almost pressing me into the sheets with his heavy body. Overall, I was warm and I felt so protected I could already see waking up everyday like this after a long night of love.

I hum, closing my eyes and contemplating whether to stay in bed with my mates the whole day or go out with Ian, which we agreed because we both knew this birthday had been different. There were some things we wanted to keep the way they had always been: like going for ice cream the day after my birthday, for example. It was simple things like this that I knew Ian would never let me forget and I didn't want them to stop, either. It was our time.

Even then... I was being held so gently and softly I couldn't imagine leaving this pile of heat.

But I force myself to do so and I had barely even raised my head before Christopher was moving to clutch me closer, "No."

A smile spreads across my lips and I tilt my head up to his brother as he kissed the back of my neck. "Christopher" I giggle and clear my throat, "I need to go."

"No you don't" he says against the side of my neck. "Your scent is thick- you're not going anywhere" he adds.

I roll my eyes at his excuse and lean in to wake his brother by kissing the side of his jaw. He was probably already awake, always had been, but he pulls me closer once I kiss his jawline. "Where are you going?" he asks while his brother made a displeased sound.

"Ian and I are buying ice cream" I tell him, pausing once I heard the faint thunder from outside. I snuggle into his neck, "We always do this for my birthday. It's... it's the only thing that won't change" I add.

Nicholas turns down to meet my gaze and I admire his masculine expression, his sculpted jaw, his intense eyes as he looked my expression over. "You don't want this party, do you? I can call it off" he adds when I turn away guiltily.

I shake my head quickly, "We can't do that. Gabbie and Cody worked hard for this and your friends are already invited. Your dad said even a couple packs from another country were coming."

Nicholas caresses my jaw, "Tell me you don't want it and I'll call it off" he repeats. He clearly didn't give a crap about cancelling to friends and allies, but I did and I knew I couldn't be selfish just because I didn't want it. I didn't want to be introduced as their mate like that. Then again... I'd never actually had a party in my name before so it might actually be good to experience. As long as my brother and mates were there, I was fine.

"We'll be back before noon so we can take a shower and get ready together" I murmur.

Christopher slides his arms around my waist and tugs my back to his front. "Shower sounds nice" he confesses, his fingers skimming down to my thighs.

I whine a sound of complaint when he slid his fingers between my legs and I arch my body from the touch, "Don't" I whine under my breath knowing full well they could hear me. "No sex right now" I add.

Christopher groans though I knew it was playfully while Nicholas touched my jaw. Christopher moves up, "Don't go" he murmurs. "Stay, Brandon. Go when it's not raining" he adds.

I roll my eyes, "What is it with you and rain?" I ask. "Last time it was raining you didn't even let me step a toe on the back porch."

Nicholas sighs, "He's right" he says, which was surprising because he always wanted to disagree with his brother. "Another day, Brandon. We don't want you going out in rain?"