Chapter 5 - The Kiss

Flame

Chapter 5 - The Kiss

.

"Do you want some more?" Lukas asks as he drops down beside me on the couch. He had gotten up to get yet another plate of food and I was a little impressed at how much he had consumed. His plate had been refilled with potato, chicken, some fruit salad thing, and other food items I definitely didn't recognize.

I look down at my own plate, which still had a little food in it, and shake my head with a tiny smile. I wanted to finish it, everything in me did, but I couldn't. Not while knowing Ian was probably eating something simple. It was unfair. Instead, I place the plate on my lap and opt on drinking more water, "I'm fine, thank you" I assure.

Lukas studies me a while longer before nodding slowly and eating, though not much now. People were talking and laughing around the room, and he had joined me here because I didn't exactly know anyone than them. "Do you like it?" he finally asks, "I mean, I know it probably isn't your type of-"

"I'm fine" I say and smile a little. "Really, I've never... I've never been to a party like this" I admit and shrug a little while thumbing the plate. "We've been moving a lot lately."

"I'm sure this stay is going to be longer" he says confidently.

I don't say anything about that and instead peek around the room with a soft sigh, "Is it just me" I start softly, looking back down to my food, "or am I getting some too many looks?"

Lukas laughs, "I think its you" he says and bumps my shoudler, "And if its not you, then maybe you're interesting to look at." I smile a little and feel my cheeks burn, my eyes moving from his. Was he flirting with me? Then again, Gabbie said he was straight so maybe he was just being funny, trying to comfort me or something.

"You know, I never thought this town would be so great" I say as I look to the side, Cameron letting out a loud laugh beside a younger looking girl. Apparently, she was Lane's adopted daughter. I still had so many people to meet and I couldn't remember many. I turn away from them, my eyes unconsciously travelling around th room in search of one of them, but I don't see either.

"I'm glad you like it here" he grins and places his plate on a table, sighing as he finished yet another full plate. "You know, you should talk to my uncle, Milo. He wanted to get to know you more." I look up at him, because he really actually was interesting to be around with. He seemed to have a lot of respect from everyone, even if he didn't really say much. He stuck very close to his husband, though, and he scared me a little. "I mean, if you want. He told me he felt good talking to you."

I nod a little, "I'd like to." Lukas grins before helping me up and pulling me beside him as we left the room, my eyes looking around. My eyes look down the hall, just in case I see one of the two triplets, but I'm pulled into another room before I can make anything out.

I look up when I realize I'm in the kitchen and I immediately see Milo sitting on a stool, Will beside him. He had been talking to who I remembered as Cody, which was easy because he looked exactly like Lukas' dad, only that he was always with his own husband, Michael. As well as the scar that I was really, really curious about. Somehow, Cody interested me very much. He spoke exactly like the others, but his mannerism was young, almost childish, and it intrigued me so much.

"Lukas, Brandon" Cody smiles and gives a small wave, "Milo just finished eating."

Lukas smiles, "Brandon does want to talk to Milo after all."

Will gives a squeeze to Milo's shoulder as Cody and Michael stand up before they both leave. I watch as Will presses his lips against Milo's lips before looking at me slightly and leaving the room after nodding. Then Lukas pats my shoulder and he turns around, leaving me along with his uncle.