Silent Night (taegi)

Yoongi stared at his computer in the dark of his studio. One of the producers had emailed him with a task. They want him to help record a cover of Silent Night for their SoundCloud..by the next morning. It was already after 10 pm and most of the members were busy with their own work to do. He had to choose someone in the vocal line to do it. He knew Jungkook was out of the question as he does most of the covers. Jin hyung was also out because he recently released the Awake: Christmas ver. That left either Taehyung or Jimin.

Yoongi headed out to the living room and found a sleeping Namjoon, a cuddling pile of Jikook, and a Taehyung noisily playing video games. They all looked up and stopped everything to look up at their exhausted hyung. The presence of Yoongi even woke up Namjoon.

"What are you doing out here, hyung?" Namjoon asked.
"I've been given a task." They all sat up to listen intently to Yoongi.
"Well, what is it?" Namjoon questioned.
"I need either this pabo," Yoongi pointed at Jimin, "or this pabo," Yoongi shifted to Taehyung "to record a cover of Silent Night for me." They all looked up at Yoongi with interest. "And since this pabo looks busy with his girlfriend," Yoongi pointed at Jimin, "Do you wanna do it, Tae?"

"YAH! I'M NOT-" Jungkook was cut off by Jimin's hand on his mouth. Yoongi smirked at the pair. "Yes. I'll do it, hyung. How long do we have?"
"Till tomorrow morning." Yoongi sighed.
"MWO?!" All four of them shouted.
"You better get busy!" Namjoon shouted and shooed Taehyung off the couch.

"Alright Taehyung here are the lyrics."

"A-all of this in

"A-all of this in..English?" Taehyung asked as he studied the sheet music.
"Yep." Yoongi said, scared for his dongsaeng.
"W-well, alright."
"Okay lets just try it. Warm up your voice first."

Taehyung started doing his scales while Yoongi prepared the instrumental they sent him for the song. Some of Taehyung's voice exercises were kinda strange, but hey, Taehyung is strange.

"Are you ready, TaeTae?"
"I-I think so."
"Alright. Let's do this. We gotta get it perfect before we actually record it." Yoongi pushed play on the sound clip and gave Taehyung his cue to start.

"Sirent night-"

"You need to bring more of an l into it. It's silent not sirent."
"Okay okay. I'll try harder, hyung." Yoongi restarted the audio.

"Silent night, holy night." Taehyung sang with his soulful voice. "All is calm, all is bright. Round your virgin. Wait virgin what the heck." Yoongi sighed. They were so close. Then Taehyung's innocence ruined it.

"It's talking about the Virgin Mary. It's just Christianity stuff Taehyung. It's just the song."
"Alright, I'm sorry. I'll start over." Yoongi nodded impatiently and started the music.

"Silent night, holy night. All is calm, all is bright. Round your virgin, mother and child. Holy infant so tender and mild. Sleep in heavenry..damn!" He messed up the 'l' again. Yoongi sighed and rubbed his head. This pabo.

"Do you realize we haven't even recorded yet and it's 11?!" Yoongi suddenly shouted.
"Hyung I'm-"
"And then I have to edit it and make it sound really cool! And upload it to SoundCloud! Do you know how long that takes?!?!" Yoongi yelled.
"I'm sorry." Taehyung cowered away from Yoongi.
"It's alright," Yoongi sighed, "lets just do it again."

Taehyung started singing again and this time did it perfectly. He could tell by the sly smile on Yoongi's face. "Did I do everything right, hyung?"

"I think you're ready to record."

Taehyung went into the sound booth and put on the headphones with the sheet music in front of him. "You ready?" Taehyung gave him a thumbs up and the music started playing. Once again, Taehyung sang it all perfectly. There was only one problem. Yoongi messed up the soundboard.

When they listened to the recording there was a lot of echoing that couldn't be fixed through editing. Yoongi held his face in his hands. He was so frustrated and angry with himself. He felt an arm wrap around him.

"It's okay hyung. I can sing it again and you can fix your settings. I'll stay with you all night. I'm not leaving until I can listen to it on SoundCloud." Yoongi looked up and smiled at him and started messing with the switches on the soundboard.

"Okay let's do this again." Yoongi said to Taehyung and soon the music started playing. It was now midnight. Taehyung was doing well until he got to a part where he forgot to pronounce a word. "Damnit hyung I'm sorry." Yoongi shook his head and started the music over.

Yoongi listened to Taehyung's voice and it was honestly wonderful. It was relaxing and he sang the song so perfectly this time. Yoongi had his eyes closed and just enjoyed the music. He almost fell asleep until he heard the song drawing to a close and got ready to quit recording.

When it was over Taehyung ran out of the booth and Yoongi smiled widely at him. "You did it, Tae!!" Yoongi jumped up and hugged the younger as they jumped in circles. "Okay okay lets edit this!"

They listened to it over and over and only had to make minor changes. Soon it was ready to upload on SoundCloud. After doing so they took a selca together on Twitter with the link to the song.

"I'm so proud of you, Taehyung." Yoongi grinned and ruffled his hair.

They went out into the kitchen and made some hot chocolate together. It was quite the end to a nice night at about 2:00 am.

They sat alone on the couch in the darkness and silence and listened to the masterpiece they created together.

~~

A/N: here's another one I caught up on!! I might have another one out tonight but I'm not sure. It's getting late! I hope you're all enjoying these!