" company "

starring: yuri ( yurio ) plisetsky and yuuri katsuki
disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters. headcanon/s may or may not be mine, but the rightful owners will always be given credit. i only own the plot (except if i've taken a reference--the rightful owner will still be given credit).

heads-up: these one shots may or may not be unedited. if unedited, i will edit it when i have time. all grammatical errors and spelling errors will be corrected by then.

enjoy.

***

yurio always had this one moment where he'd break into tears. sometimes he'd stare at somewhere or something and then he'd just realize he was already shedding tears, and that nothingness and emptiness that he was feeling would break into pure sadness and loneliness. the thing he hated about this sudden 'breakdown' of his was that he won't be able to stop himself from crying if the tears started to fall. he had always been that way ever since his grandfather was the only one left to watch after him when he skates.

yurio looked at his phone, trying to distract himself from feeling anything negative. he was scrolling through his instagram, and as usual, he was seeing a bunch of pictures from jean-jacques, guang hong, phichit and viktor. whenever he'd scroll down on one of viktor's photos, he'd scroll down quickly so he'd avoid looking at viktor's smiling face... and yuuri's. the two had always made the latter feel sad, because of the 'hot springs on ice'. every time he thought about it, it only made him angrier and sadder and lonelier...

viktor was supposed to be his coach... he was supposed to choreograph his program... viktor was supposed to be--

...drip.

a single tear coming from yurio's left eye. it fell down on his phone's screen, freezing yuri on his seat. the single tear fell down slowly, causing his phone to scroll back up to yuuri's and viktor's smiling faces. yurio stared at the picture, and one by one, his tears started to fall down.

he locked his phone and closed his eyes, tears still falling. '..damn it..' he thought to himself, 'now i'm starting to cry again..'

'thanks, viktor.' he thought once more, 'thank you so much...' it was not that he hated viktor. the way viktor forgot about his promise broke yurio too much.

he flew all the way to japan and when he got there he saw viktor enjoying himself with yuuri's company. damn it all, it made him so jealous. that should be him, skating to viktor's programs.

that should be him, indeed.

yurio's cat sat beside him, its head on his lap, as if comforting a crying mess that was yurio. he kept wiping his tears, but it kept falling down.

*

weeks after that, yurio was invited by viktor himself to go to japan for a reason.

yurio also wanted to take a break from the competition, so he agreed, seeing as how it would somehow make him feel better to try the hot springs. hot springs were the only ones that yurio loved in japan--as well as the fashion.

after leaving russia, and staying in the airplane for who knows how long, yuri was finally in japan. he made his way back to hasetsu, trying to forget everything that happened there.

"i'm glad you could make it, yurio!" viktor said cheerfully.

"yurio isn't my name, viktor!" yurio said and glared at the older man. viktor only laughed at him, much to his annoyance.

"the hot springs are much more relaxing." viktor added as he led the teen back to the room he used to stay in when he was still staying in japan for the 'hot springs on ice'.

he set his luggage once he was inside, and then he plopped down on the bed, feeling extremely tired after all the things he had to go through to reach hasetsu.

he sat up moments later and took out his phone to tweet something. after that, he closed the twitter app, and the door slid open. yurio met eyes covered by reading glasses; yuuri katsuki.

yuuri was holding a book in his hands, and before yurio could yell at him to go out, yuuri put a finger on his lips, telling yurio to keep quiet. the russian fell silent and watched as the latter sit down on the floor next to the bed, "i'm sorry for coming in suddenly, but viktor's looking for me. i want to read somewhere peaceful."

yurio ignored him and removed his jacket, laying down on his bed once again. he raised his arms up, his hands clutched on his phone tight enough so it wouldn't fall down on his face, because, you know... those hurt like hell.

so, the two were silent the whole time. yuuri never felt at peace while reading his favorite book. he was glad because one, he was finally able to read peacefully, and two, because the younger male didn't kick him out of the room.

yuuri was still reading, and halfway the book he halted to a stop when he heard something behind him. it sounded like crying... was yurio.. crying?

quickly, yuuri turned to his back, finding an indeed crying yuri. wiping off his tears but his hands weren't enough. "y-yurio... a-are you okay...?" he asked, stuttering and nervous and didn't know what to do.

he heard yurio laugh a bitter laugh between sobs, " 'are you okay'? what a stupid question. yes, yes, i'm fine!" he said while still crying, "i'm so fine that i'm crying..."

yuuri didn't really have an idea why the latter suddenly started crying, but he stepped on the bed, sat down in front of yurio, and wrapped his arms around the russian, hoping that it would comfort him a little... and also hoping that yurio won't kick him off of the bed.

he closed his eyes when yurio stopped his sobs, bracing for pain. but what happened shocked him even more. a pair of arms wrapped itself around him, and it was from yurio's.

indeed, yuuri was surprised. not only because yuri didn't kick him or punch him, but also because yurio hugged back.

yuuri then softened, and pulled the russian closer, now also rubbing his back in circular motions in order to at least stop yurio from crying so much.

maybe yuuri need not to know the reason... maybe he just had to be there to keep yurio company. because from what yuuri observed, yurio always seemed sad even with his eyes burning with rage.

'yuri must have felt really lonely lately, too...'