" one day in the future "

starring: viktor nikiforov and human!makkachin
disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters. headcanon/s may or may not be mine, but the rightful owners will always be given credit. i only own the plot (except if i've taken a reference--the rightful owner will still be given credit).
heads-up: these one shots may or may not be unedited. if unedited, i will edit it when i have time. all grammatical errors and spelling errors will be corrected by then. 
IMPORTANT NOTE: MAKKACHIN IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MALE, YES, I KNOW THAT. THE REASON WHY I, MAKKACHIN'S ADMIN, MADE HIM A GIRL IS BECAUSE WHEN I STARTED ROLE-PLAYING AS MAKKACHIN I DIDN'T REALLY KNOW WHETHER OR NOT MAKKACHIN IS A GUY. SO YES, BASICALLY ASSUMED HIS GENDER. CANONICALLY (IS THIS EVEN A WORD) SPEAKING, MAKKACHIN IS A GUY. 
other side note: mariya is makkachin's human name. her full name is mariya yekaterina nikiforova (if she's somehow related to viktor) and mariya yekaterina novikova (if she's not), and she's five years younger than viktor. meaning to say that if viktor is 27 (in the anime), mariya is 22. 

enjoy.

***

"i'm heading to bed now." said viktor, a 17-year-old teen who was talking yo his friend, christophe giacometti of switzerland via skype. chris' face showed a slight drop in emotion, but he nodded anyway, "alright." the swiss smiled and nodded. "goodnight, vitya."

viktor smiled at the nickname and nodded as well, "you have a good day, too, chris." and their call ended. with a yawn, the russian walked to the bathroom to take a warm shower before changing into his pyjamas. afterwards, he walked to his bedroom and plopped down on the bed. feeling the soft and cozy bed underneath him, he was lulled and welcomed into a deep slumber.

he dreamt about a mirror. he was in front of the mirror, and suddenly, the object glowed a bright blue color. and then, he felt someone push him to the mirror, and he was swallowed inside it. right after that, he heard voices. they were all calling out to him. and while he was falling down on a void of pitch black, he reached a foreign place.

standing in the middle of the road, he examined the world around him. everything looked extremely... strange. no skyscrapers. no buildings taller than a two-storey house. there were a bunch of houses that stood at the same height, and baker shops that weren't as fancy as those he sees every day.

there was nobody else in the place but he. and the silence was deafening. viktor wanted to wake up, to pinch himself. he wanted to know if this was a dream. before he could pinch his own arm, he heaed footsteps behind him, and a voice saying,

"my, what strange clothing you have there, mister."

and before he could turn to look at the person, everything went black, and he woke up from his slumber.

*

the next day went by with viktor being invited to a party. even if it was against his will, the teen had no choice but to agree and attend. as soon as he arrived, the first thing he wanted to do was to get away from the drunk guests invited as well. although he was pulled and asked to have a drink or two (which he politely turned down), he managed to get away from the other guests, leading him to a hallway with no one else but him.

wondering where he might be, he unlocked his phone to call one of his men to pick him up but unfortunately, there was no service. groaning at his luck, he decided to check the rooms surrounding the hallway to see if there are any phones he could use.

"...so far, there's none." he told himself after walking out of the 8th door of the same hallway. "all that's left is that door." he looked at the ninth door which is at the end of the hallway. gathering his courage, he carefully walked to the door and twisted the knob open, walking inside.