" photo "

starring: mila babicheva and otabek altin (let us enjoy some oatmeal (otamila) one shot.)
disclaimer: i do not own any of the characters. headcanon/s may or may not be mine, but the rightful owners will always be given credit. i only own the plot (except if i've taken a reference--the rightful owner will still be given credit).
heads-up: these one shots may or may not be unedited. if unedited, i will edit it when i have time. all grammatical errors and spelling errors will be corrected by then.

enjoy.

***

mila rummaged through old pictures. it always delighted her to look at faded memories, captured with bright flashes and reflected permanent and frozen smiles. all alone in her room, she sat on her bed with boxes of old pictures around her. she giggled every now and then because of the funny faces the two of them had made.

as she looked further, she stumbled upon a picture that wasn't hers. she wasn't there but he was, with another woman about their age. the woman was beautiful with pristine eyes and soft and light skin tone. the way he looked at her in the picture, the way the camera froze that moment, she could tell he was so deep in love.

her giggles died down to a deafening silence. what was it doing there, anyway? it shouldn't be there, it should be on some other album.

a wedding album, to be exact.

"mila?" her trance was cut off by his voice piercing in her ears. she flinched slightly at the sudden nois and sharply turned to look at the door of her bedroom, to where he was standing and leaning against the doorframe. "is something the matter?"

"oh, no. i was just looking at some old photos." mila smiled and looked down on the pictures she held so fondly and carefully. "it's nice to reminisce sometimes." otabek nodded and walked inside. he had been inside her room for god knows how many times, he was so used to her room already. he sat down on the bed and looked at the photos on the boxes.

"these... are nice pictures." he said silently, and she nodded, smiling a little as she did so. her smile from earlier had already faltered away. "you looked so young in these photos, you didn't look older than fourteen."

"i know, i used to be cute." she pouted jokingly and giggled. "memories can be forgotten, and i, who feared missing out a detail, made sure i capture every moment i know worthwhile. it was all worthwhile when i'm with him." otabek could sense the sadness in mila's voice. "i thought he was... you know, the dream of a girl like me, but he wasn't."

"it's fine, mila." otabek smiled a little and looked at her in her clear blue eyes, "someday, someone will look at you like that as the camera man take a picture."

"really? who?" mila tilted her head when otabek got off from the bed to stand up. 

"me." with that, otabek bent on one knee and opened a small box that revealed the most beautiful engagement ring. "will you marry me?"

"..." she was speechless, her eyes fixated on otabek and not on the ring. there was a moment of silence and otabek was starting to feel embarrassed. 

"oh, otabek." she finally spoke, tears rolling down her eyes to her cheeks. "of course."