0.05 || Goodbye's and Hello's

Scarlett wiped the tears running down her face as she looked in the mirror. How she felt, she didn't know, how was she meant to feel? Scarlett knew that something was wrong with Ryan. She knew there was something off about his behavior, yet she stayed. She waited for him, she cared and supported him.

She couldn't say that she didn't love him, because she did.

Her heart ached as she looked at herself. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying for so long.

What Ryan did was nothing short but a stab in the back. What he did was despicable, not only did he lie and cheat on her, he had the audacity to do it so publicly. 

''You have to stay strong," she told herself. Don't give in, don't let him win. Don't give him the satisfaction of knowing he broke you. She practically begged herself not to cry anymore.

Scarlett looked down at her engagement ring. She shook her head sadly and slipped it right off. She turned her attention to her phone.

She hesitated for a moment, decided whether or not it would be wise to call her brother.

Scarlett swallowed a lump in her throat as she dialed her brother's number. Her brother Chris lived in New York, staying with him in the meantime would be convenient seeing as she was filming the first part of 'The Avengers' there.

"Hello?" Answered her concerned brother.

"Hey Chris." She smiled a bit at his voice. She found comfort in the voice she grew up with and the voice that comforted her in several occasions similar to this one; to a certain extent.

"Scarls...I—I read the article are you ok?" He asked.

"Honestly?" She asked semi-playfully.

"Scarls." He replied in a warning voice.

"I-I'm pretty hurt, but that isn't important right now." She replied before regaining her poise. "I was just wondering if I could stay with you for a bit. Until I find a temporary place in New York." She replied.

"Yeah sure! Of course! Where are you right now?" He asked.

"I'm in Los Angeles. But I booked a flight to New York." She responded quickly.

"When are you coming?" He asked.

"Tomorrow. It's ok if your not prepared—"

"No no it's okay. I'll pick you up." He reassured.

"Thank you so so much." She smiled.

"No problem sis."

~~~

Scarlett's phone was buzzing with activity. Several of her friends and family, including cast mates, were texting her to find out if she was ok. She didn't respond to anyone but one.

Scarlett had her bags packed and Bailey, her dog, was ready as well. Scarlett could care less about anything in the house. She took her belongings and only hers.

"Come on Bailey." Scarlett called. Her puppy came running towards her. She swiftly picked her up and held her close to her face.

"We're going places Bailey." Scarlett whispered, to which Bailey replied by licking her face. This, in turn, made Scarlett laugh for one of the first times in several days.

~~~

Scarlett rushed past paparazzi with Bailey in her arms. She came to an abrupt stop when her forest green eyes met a pair of blue ones.

The smile on her face only grew and she rushed over to him. Her happiness could not be suppressed, nor did she want to suppress it. However, Scarlett  didn't mind because she deserved to be happy.

—————

—————