0.36 || they're not home

Scarlett's phone began ringing to her annoyance seeing as she was trying to sleep.

"Hello?" She yawned as she waited for the caller to respond.

"Hey Scarls. I might need your help..." was the hushed reply.

"Evans? What's wrong?" She asked.

"I'm not in trouble, I just need a ride home." He replied slowly, she tiled her head noticing a bit of hesitation in his voice.

"What time is it?" She asked while getting up.

"It's midnight, I'm sorry I don't mean to bother you..."

"No no it's okay, but why are you out this late?"

"I was just out with a few of my friends. You know, just hanging out."

"You didn't bring your car?"

"No I have my car. I just can't drive right now."

She paused finally understanding what kind of hangout this was.

"You're not sober."

"No I am not."

—————

Scarlett drove through the nearly empty streets to the address Chris had sent her. He was patiently waiting for her seeing as he had no where else to go.

When she spotted him she parked her car before stepping out to help him up. Chris was seated on the stairs of an apartment building quietly looking through his phone.

"Hey,"

He looked up and smile before attempting to walk to her, key word attempted.

"Chris!" She silently cursed as she caught him before falling. Chris clung onto her arms as his head rested on her abdomen.

"Hey," he mumbled sleepily.

"Chris people are going to get the wrong idea," she mumbled as she pulled his up.

"Who cares? I already love you. I don't care who knows it," he replied leaving her speechless.

"Oh come on like it's not obvious? I'm totally in love with you Scarlett,"

"Chris no you're not. You're saying these things because you're not in the right mindset. Please for me don't keep talking. You'll regret these things when you're sober," she responded.

" I won't," he looked up at her. "I love you I always have. You're the reason my relationships never work. I'm in love with you and that's the truth," he nodded to himself matter-of-factly.

"Come on Chris lets go." She smiled to herself.

"Where are we going?" He asked while taking her hand instinctively.

"I'm going to leave you at your house. Why?" She turned to him.

"My house," he mumbled. "That would be great if I knew where my keys were," he replied honestly.

"You'll just have to come to my house okay? The girls are out for a bit and they won't be coming home until tomorrow so we'll be fine." She reassured.

"Okay," he yawned.

—————

"Come on Chris stay awake for a little while more," Scarlett whined while trying to support his weight.

"You're going to kill me if you don't stand," she said a bit louder.

"It's dark. I can't see." He mumbled, she mentally face palmed.

"Chris open your eyes!"

"Oh. You saved me."

She managed to navigate Chris into her room where he could rest. She would sleep in the living room only to prevent any kind of misconceptions.

"There's some extra blankets if you need them. Goodnight Chris." She smiled before turning on her heal.

"Wait." He stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Stay."

"Please?"

"Chris I-I don't." Scarlett tried finding the right words to say but she couldn't.

"Please?" He asked once again.

"Fine." Scarlett nodded before being pulled onto Chris.

—————