0.90 || Dirt and Gold

Scarlett would have loved to have stayed for the after party, but as per usual she opted to coming home after the event and continue binge watching Parks and Rec. She cozied up in the living room with her dogs sleeping peacefully at her feet, it seemed to her they didn't get enough sleep at night either.

Anthony texted Scarlett that he'd watch over Chris and bring him home safely being god knows he wouldn't be able to get home alone.

Speaking of Anthony, her relaxation was cut short by an urgent text from him. Scarlett glanced at her phone begrudgingly and read the text. Apparently Anthony was outside with a not so sober Chris.

Scarlett climbed off the couch quietly in order not to wake up her dogs, or rather their dogs. The twins were currently with their grandmother probably wrecking havoc on her brave soul. Carrie had offered to take care of them for Chris and Scarlett so that they could attend the premiere without a hassle. After giving her mother everything she needed to take care of them, Scarlett and Chris bolted out of there. It was rare for them to ever have a day off and they were sure as heck going to enjoy it.

Scarlett opened the front door to reveal a very disheveled Chris. He had his head propped against the doorway and she could have sworn he was drooling. His hair was all over the place, and not to mention adorable. He had rolled up his sleeves somewhere through the night and he had his tie loosely hung around his neck.

She peered behind him and sure enough Anthony was in the car giving her a thumbs up before driving away yelling, 'he's you're problem now!'

Scarlett snorted loudly before light tapping Chris to gain his attention. His reaction was remarkably slow, but he complied. He let her lead him inside their home all the while telling her random facts he'd learned. His words were a bit sluggish and incoherent but Scarlett merely hummed in acknowledgement.

"You wait here okay?" She stayed clearly while sitting him on the couch. Chris nodded painfully slowly.

—————

Changing Chris into more comfortable clothes proved to be much more difficult than she imagined. Chris, bless his heart, didn't want Scarlett taking his clothes off because he was already 'engaged' to some else. He would lightly push her away and in the process lose his balance and opt to clinging onto her.

"You," Chris paused to squint down at her. "you look a lot like my fiancé," Chris commented while tilting his head to the side like the actual puppy he was. Scarlett smiled fondly before commented that she was in fact his fiancé.

"Are you serious?"  He questioned while wearing the most shocked expression at his recent discovery.

"How did I get you? I-I mean like how did I get  this lucky? You can't be serious," he commented. Scarlett used this time to pull off his shirt and replace it with a more comfortable one.

"I'm being very serious," she nodded while tugging his pants off.

"What's your fiancés name?" Scarlett questioned.

"Scarlett," he nodded a matter-a-factly. He seemed very pleased in being able to remember his fiancés name. "Yeah she's the greatest ever," he stated while stressing the 'ever.' "I love her a lot, like a lot a lot. She's so great, you know,"

"Thanks Chrissy," Scarlett smiled up at him.

"Welcome," he nodded to himself. "If you're really my fiancé then can you tell me my favorite color?" He stated skeptically.

Scarlett sat back onto the couch as Chris did the same.

"Yellow, obviously," she replied. And just when she thought he couldn't get any cuter, Chris's face lit up with pure happiness.

"It is you!" He cried as he hugged her tightly.

Scarlett laughed at his sudden reaction before hugging him too. Chris stilled for a few moments and sure enough he'd worn himself out. He continued to cling to her waist as she began to sit back, his head was propped comfortably above her chest and he began to drool again. Sometimes she wondered if she actually had three children.

Chris quietly muttered sweet nothings to her, casually checking off all the things he loved about her, starting with her eyes, her lips her smile. And as he began to doze off again he began muttering quietly 'I love you.' Scarlett felt her heart swell and she already knew she was falling for him all over again.

She quietly ran her fingers through his hair causing him to become impossibly more drowsy. He sighed contently before falling asleep for good.

It was only with Chris did she realize the difference between dirt and gold, and who he was was very evident in his very soft and quite meaningful 'I love you.' It was with Chris did she realize that gold was in the most unlikely places.

"I love you too," she smiled before peppering kisses all over his beautiful face.

—————