0.48 || At least for a while

Scarlett had opted to staying at Chris's house more often. Seeing as the two were seeing each other.

Ryan had sent those texts during the middle of the night, however, even after their 'conversation' ended, Scarlett could not bring herself to go back to sleep. Just the thought of what he could do, scared her.

Chris was resting peacefully beside her. Scarlett bit her lip in an effort to stop the tears she knew were coming. Instead of staying by his side in order to seek comfort, she sat up and prepared herself to leave.

She didn't know where she wanted to go, quite frankly she didn't want to go anywhere. She wanted so badly to stay with him, but she needed to think things over. Regardless of whether or not Ryan meant what he said, she didn't want to lose everything she worked for. God knows she didn't.

And she couldn't forget Chris. He meant the world to her, he meant everything to her. How could she do that to him? She couldn't do that to him.

Scarlett felt the cool air brush across her face and for maybe a moment, she felt at peace. She stared at the stars above her for quite sometime being letting out a shaky breath.

Ryan couldn't do those things. What could he say to possibly turn the media against her? He didn't have any connections, what stunt could he pull? After what he did to her, the media completely turned against him. They held nothing back when the truth broke out.

But just the thought of him turning the tables on her scared her more than anything. Ryan was a special case. But she couldn't let him demolish her career or even slander her name, god knows how hard she worked to get where she was. Scarlett knew, however, how hard Chris worked as well. They grew together as actors and learned off of each other.

They became so close, they were inseparable.

Chris had helped her so much these past months, and for that she was eternally grateful, however it only seemed fitting for her to repay him for everything he'd done for her.

With one last shaky breath, Scarlett picked up her phone and began to write her text to Chris.

Scarlett's sobs came out as chokes as she tried to suppress her cries, her mind repeated the same things over and over in order to justify what she was doing. She couldn't risk anything anymore, she couldn't lose Chris. She just couldn't. However that is exactly what was happening.

But if there was any chance, even the slightest chance Ryan could do something, anything, she had to listen to him. She couldn't do that to Chris. He didn't deserve what Ryan was planning to do. He deserved so much better, he deserved someone who wasn't so 'problematic.' Chris deserved the world, and she couldn't give it to him. At least not with Ryan threatening to ruin her.

"I'm so sorry Chris..." She quietly mumbled before sending him his last text, at least for a while.

—————