0.69 || A million times yes

Scarlett stifled a giggle as Chris wore his famous grin. Having joked around all evening he couldn't help but want to make her smile. Their date was going well, perfect even. Chris managed to prepare the whole evening all by himself, he couldn't afford to let anything go wrong, not today at least.

There wasn't a doubt in his mind about what he was planning to do. Everything was perfect, he knew from the very beginning Scarlett was the person he wanted to marry. Hbringe would propose to her tonight.

He had to admit, purchasing an engagement ring proved to be harder than he originally thought. With all the press he's been doing for Cap 2, he found it difficult to go anywhere without being spotted. Paparazzi alone wasn't his biggest concern, although he managed to dupe the paparazzi, Scarlett wasn't as easy to fool. When he tried to bring up her ring size she asked him what for, prompting him to quickly change the subject. He however got the information he needed and purchased the ring.

"Should we start heading out?" Chris asked Scarlett who nodded. They were going to the park, clique he knows. Scarlett absolutely adored night time walks through the park especially with Chris. She enjoyed sitting down and just talking to him with the stars above them. Chris was planning to propose to her there.

—————

"Margot is due any day now which is pretty exciting, my brother will not stop calling me about how excited he is," Scarlett continued as she turned her attention to a very distraught Chris, who upon registering her story, replied quickly not wanting to draw suspicion to him.

"You can't blame the guy, imagine knowing you're going to have a kid soon. Wouldn't it be exciting?" Chris asked more to himself.

Scarlett smiled affectionately at Chris who continued to gaze up at the stars, if only he knew she thought,"Yeah...imagine." Scarlett replied softly.

Chris knew that it was now or never. Everything was so clear to him, he knew this is what he wanted. Gathering his wits he prepared himself to take Scarlett to her surprise where he would pop the question; however, his plans were foiled when he felt a drop of rain. Scarlett sat up from her place and turned to Chris.

"We should head home, I don't think the Russos will like it very much if the two of us got sick and we couldn't attend the premiere," Scarlett smiled at Chris who's expression saddened.

"Yeah we should get going," he nodded taking Scarlett's hand.

—————

They arrived not a moment too soon, the rain had began pouring as soon as they entered their home lucky for them.

"That was eventful," Scarlett stated as she turned to Chris, her smile turned into a frown upon seeing his expression.

"What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

"I had such a great surprise planned for you at the park. You would have loved it. But the rain ruined all of it," Chris replied sadly.

"Oh Chris," she breathed. "I don't need surprises, tonight was amazing. You made it amazing. I had a great time with you, and that's what matters right?" She smiled genuinely.

Her smile being contagious, brought a smile to his face as well. He looked Scarlett in the eyes before deciding now was a perfect time. He took out the box carefully while his heart began thumping in his chest.He got down on one knee and looked directly at Scarlett, who in her surprised state, held her breath.

"Scarlett I know this isn't the best place to propose to you. You deserve so much better but  I can't wait any longer," the whole speech he had prepared turned to complete mush now that he was actually proposing. "Scarlett Leia Johansson, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?"

Scarlett hadn't realized how different this proposal had been from her first one. She smiled widely as tears of joy rolled down her cheeks.

"Chris of course I will,"

"A million times yes,"

—————