0.77 || I missed you

Scarlett's heals clicked lightly against the pavement as she made her way to her home. Wearing heals wasn't ideal especially considering her current state, however; she did bring it upon herself when she argued that she could do it. Granted she could do it, for a few minutes, but that's besides the point. She needed to be right. Though now she was seriously reconsidering her choices.

Once at the door, Scarlett made sure not to make any noise. Knowing her dogs, she wasn't surprised when three eager pups greeted her with an abundance of kisses. Roger being a little late to the party stumbled off of the couch before greeting her.

It was fairly late which is why she wasn't surprised when she didn't spot Chris in the living room.

Scarlett had to meet with her agent about new projects, the meeting itself took much longer than expected. Her agent explained different roles she could take in the upcoming year, most of which she rejected because they deserved to be represented by that particular group. She signed to promote different companies, some of which she had to attend a photo shoot for. So in short, it was uneventful.

Chris had offered to join her, multiple times actually, but she ushered him away. Scarlett told him to take some time off, for once look after himself rather than her. Chris had this awful habit of putting her before anything, which was sweet and endearing however it also meant Chris put himself last on his list of things to take care of. Which brings Scarlett to her next topic.

Twins. Surprise surprise the pair were expecting twins. The gender of their twins was still to be determined, regardless they were expecting two children. Scarlett could never forget how Chris' face lit up when he heard the doctor announce they were expecting not one but two babies. His celebration caught the attention of several workers who smiled as they continued on their way.

After the pups no longer deemed her arrival important, they made their way back to the living room. Scarlett smiled to herself before making her way up the stairs. As expected Chris was fast asleep on his side of the bed. His clothing was tossed across the bedroom floor, another habit she continuously scorned him for.

Scarlett tried to kick off her heals, she realized quickly that wasn't a smart idea so she opted to taking them off normally. She discarded her clothing before picking up Chris' shirt off the ground. She noticed it was the shirt Chris Hemsworth gifted him, she could tell because it had 'Thor' written in bold letters. Not very subtle.

Scarlett crawled over to Chris who stirred in his sleep. He mumbled incoherently before rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Scarlett wasn't sure how awake he truly was, he did manage to greet her with a groggy 'hey.'

Scarlett's day was at best, uneventful. Miraculously, Chris' little 'hey' instantly made it one hundred times better. Scarlett kissed him softly causing him to smile, a smile that melted her heart on the spot.

"Hey," she replied as Chris wrapped his arms around her waist. He nuzzled his head into the crook of her neck before sighing contently.

"I missed you today," he mumbled groggily.

A smile graced her lips as she lightly kissed the top of his head. Chris responded to the affection by kissing her collar bone, multiple times causing her to giggle.

"I missed you too,"

—————