0.76 || I like you and I love you

Did Chris tell his family and Scarlett's family that the two were expecting? No. Obviously not. How could he tell them after his not so helpful conversation with his friends.

If Chris was being completely honest he wanted to wait to tell his family, and sure maybe it isn't the wisest decision but it's what he wants. Their lives were already public enough, he wanted this to be their thing. Maybe for once enjoy their moment, just the two of them.

However he did share their situation with their director. It was vital for Joss to know beforehand, Chris couldn't have Scarlett doing her stunts despite her protests that the 'baby' added to her strength. He of course didn't argue with her, one she was carrying his child, and two she would start crying. Which wasn't in his best interest especially now that he learned she was very emotional.

"Congrats again Chris," Sebastian greeted effectively snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Thanks man," Chris smiled genuinely at his best friend. "I can't believe I'm actually going to be a dad," Chris continued.

"I know," Sebastian grinned. "It feels like only yesterday you were helping me write my college essay, now here you are. For what it's worth Chris, I think you'll be an amazing father," Sebastian commented.

"Thanks bud, did you only come by to congratulate me or am I needed on set," Chris responded. Sebastian seeming to remember why he came to visit quickly responded.

"Oh yeah sorry, I completely forgot why I came here. Uh the people in the costume department need your help, something about Scarlett—I'm sure it's nothing but you should probably," before he could finish Chris ran past him at an inhuman speed. "Yep! You should probably hurry up just like that! Good talk!" Sebastian yelled after him.

Chris made it to the costume department in record speed, earning several concerned and confused stares. He could care less, it wasn't like this was the weirdest thing they've seen him do.

"Hey Chris coul—"

"Where's the emergency?" Chris asked abruptly.

"Okay I wouldn't necessarily call this an emergency, however we do need your assistance," one of the staff, who Chris remembered as Scott informed him.

"Yeah yeah yeah, that's great, wheres Scarls?" He asked immediately.

"See shes part of the issue, don't tell her I said that bit—" he tried to continued before being interrupted again.

"Oh my god, it's happening, I'm gonna be a dad already. But it's only been two months. It's happening people get ready!" Chris announced earning quizzical looks.

"Okay calm down, that's now how children work, you're not going to be a father," Chris gasped audibly. "Yet," Scott added quickly.

"We just need you to boost Scarlett's self esteem, she doesn't want to put on her costume because she thinks she's," Scott made a curving motion with his hand. "If you get what I mean," he replied.

"Oh, oh man but she's beautiful and she knows—"

"Yes well save that for her, we have to be on set in a few minutes and she has to be in costume, so work your magic," Scott urged while dragging Chris over to Scarlett.

Chris couldn't say he was surprised, Robert warned him that Scarlett's self esteem might take a blow during her pregnancy. But it still broke his heart to think that she wasn't happy with herself.

"Hey Scarls," Chris started in a hushed voice catching her attention. She wasn't crying, at least not yet, Chris thought.

"Hey Chrissy," she replied miserably.

"None of that Scarls, you know you're beautiful," Chris continued while cupping her face with his hands. "You're fantastic, phenomenal, and so many other amazing things bundled up in one. You're currently doing something so brave and I could not be any prouder of you," he would have rambled on about how great she was but Scarlett hiccuped and it sent his brain into overdrive.

"No what did I say? I'm pretty sure I said everything right! Scarls what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He continued to ramble on about being very sorry about whatever he said wrong before hearing a small laugh from her.

"Now you're laughing, why are you laughing," he replied skeptically.

"Oh Chrissy you're so good to me. But you're not helping," she replied while wiping away her tears.

"But I said everything right, right?" He questioned earning another laugh, which he had to admit set his heart on fire.

"Of course," she agreed. "you did amazing. But you went a little overboard," she confessed.

"Well would a kiss make you feel better?" He asked.

"It most certainly would," she replied.

"I like you and I love you," he continued.

"I like you and I love you too," she smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Chris wrapped his arms gently around her waist before kissing her deeply.

"I really like this," he commented.

"Me too, do you want to—"

"Chris! This is not what I had in mind when I asked you to raise her self esteem!" Scott announced.

—————