13 | REAL

CHAPTER 13 | REAL

TRIGGER WARNING:MENTIONS OF SUICIDE_______

TRIGGER WARNING:
MENTIONS OF SUICIDE
_______

  Lauren's eyes fluttered open to see the afternoon sun shine through the blinds. She wasn't sure what time of day it was, but she had a feeling she had been sleeping for awhile. It was the next day, since the night before the three had settled into the house. Lauren was laying on a mattress on the floor. She decided to not sleep in a bed upstairs since she wanted to keep watch of Rick who slept on the couch. Carl had also slept on the floor, a few feet away from her on another mattress.

But Carl was no where in sight.

"Carl?" Lauren yelled, but no response. She turned to see Rick on the couch, a nervous feeling trailing down her spine. He was so still that he seemed dead, but when Lauren got up to check his pulse, it was still beating.

Reloading her gun and placing her knife in her holster, Lauren checked around the house for him. Nowhere to be found, she decided to go outside through the back door since the front was shut by the couch.

Lauren walked around the front to see nobody there, until she began hearing gunshots.

"Carl?" She screamed while running into the direction of the shooting. It seemed to be coming from down the street. As she turned a corner to a side of a house--as the gunshots continued--she saw Carl being tackled by multiple walkers. He had already killed 3 with one left, the 3 dead ones laying on top of him. As he struggled to point his gun in it's direction, Lauren swiftly took her dagger out and stabbed the creature in the back of it's skull. The walker fell onto Carl again, Lauren wiping sweat off her forehead.

"A little help here..." Carl mumbled while trying to get out from under the walkers' weight. Lauren rolled her eyes, pushing the top one off, which was enough for him to crawl out from under the others. Lauren scowled at the hole in the top walker's head, which seemed to have worms crawling out of it.

As Carl stood up, he turned away from her and began vomiting. Lauren looked away, trying to not look at the vomit that escaped him. She couldn't blame him, that head was pretty disgusting.

"You good?" Lauren asked as he turned back to her and placed his hat on his head.

"Yeah," he replied while wiping his mouth on his sleeve. Glancing to the ground, she could see the boy's pistol. Picking it up, she then handed it to Carl as he took it from her grasp in thanks.

The two then strolled down the street of the neighbourhood, looking for useful supplies. As they came to the third home, they stepped inside and performed their usual check of the rooms. Carl began surveying the kitchen, as Lauren walked into the living room. She could immediately smell the scent of death. What she did not expect to see was a dead body on the floor, not turned into a walker from the bullet hole in it's skull. She figured it was just somebody who decided to leave this world, but this wasn't just anybody.