18 | CAPTURE

CHAPTER 18 | CAPTURE

__________

Low grunts escaped Lauren's throat as she climbed her way up the fence. She was the last person to make it over, since the five of them were going into Terminus the stealthy way. The place looked secure and amazing, but they still couldn't trust them.

Especially Lauren.

Thoughts of the evil they could do flooded her head, but knowing they were probably okay people helped her calm down. She doubted that this group would be another toxic one.

Boy, was Lauren ever wrong.

They made it to a big red building, sneaking in from the back. Daryl and Rick stayed by the front as the peeked into another entrance and walked through. A woman's voice was heard. She was calmly talking into what seemed to be a microphone, as Lauren stepped into the giant room. Glancing around with her dark olive eyes she studied the plethora of people standing around, presumably doing some sort of job. Anxiousness filled Lauren's body as the five of them crept closer and closer to the people.

"Hello," Rick stated as he interrupted the older lady speaking into the microphone. She was babbling on about this place being a sanctuary for all, seemed to be recording herself or projecting her voice through speakers. Lauren was very confused as to what this place was still.

Rick greeted them again, and all eyes were on them. Lauren looked left and right while trying to recognize anybody. She wasn't sure why. Maybe she had hope that her mother could have been at Terminus, but her face was no where in sight.

"Well I bet Albert is on perimeter watch," a man commented sarcastically. The man began walking forward. "You here to rob us?"

"No," Rick replied honestly, "we wanted to see you before you saw us."

The man smiled. "Makes sense. Usually we do this where the tracks meet." He then cleared his throat lightly. "Welcome to Terminus, I'm Gareth. Looks like you've been on the road for a good bit."

"We have," Rick replied once again, "Rick. That's Carl, Lauren, Daryl, Michonne."

The man raised his hand as a wave, an awkward silence filling the conversation. "You're nervous, I get it. We're all the same way. We came here for sanctuary, that what you here for?"

"Yes."

"Good, you found it. Hey Alex," he called over to his friend, "this isn't as pretty as the front. We got nothing to hide but the welcome wagon is a whole lot nicer. Alex will take you, ask you a few questions. Uh, but first, we need to see everyone's weapons, if you could just lay them down in front of you."