31 | MASTERPIECE

CHAPTER 31 | MASTERPIECE

_________

   Before the gate could even be opened, Lauren left to go back to the house, knowing that the thought of being too close to Negan would make her want to claw his eyes out. She hadn't even met the guy and she had a burning hatred for him.

She could barely have a moment to herself before her home had been broken into by a savior. Being upstairs, she could hear each step they took. From the top of the stairs, Lauren could see she was a woman with built muscles and a gun strapped to her back. Nothing Lauren couldn't handle.

Striding downstairs with fumes practically coming out of her ears, she made eye contact with the woman who was taking food from their fridge.

"What the hell are you doing in my house?" Lauren seethed, finger lingering on the dagger in her holster.

The woman chuckled nonchalantly. "Taking your shit. Negan's order." Negan. His name made Lauren's stomach twist.

The woman seemed to not care about Lauren's act as she walked around the bottom floor, even grabbing their guns. Lauren couldn't take it anymore.

Quickly grabbing the item closest to Lauren on the kitchen counter, she gripped it tightly and swung it across the woman's face, making her fall to the floor with a thud. Lauren glanced to the item in her hand to see that it was a frying pan. Useful weapon, Lauren thought to herself.

But there was barely any time to think, as the woman wasn't fully unconscious. Taking hold of the woman's arm, Lauren grunted with each step she took, dragging her towards the front door.

Swinging it open, she tossed the woman out, letting her fall slightly onto the porch. Before she could push herself up, Lauren growled under her breath, kicking her off the porch; she watched the woman tumble down the steps in satisfaction.

It seemed that all eyes were on her from hearing the commotion at the house. Glancing upwards, Lauren realized how many saviors, and citizens of Alexandria, were staring at her.

Placing her hands on her hips, she heard whistling. Lauren's head jolted to the left, seeing the man himself walking towards the porch, Rick following behind. For once Lauren's expression changed from enraged to startled. He was very tall, with a gruff looking face and his bat by his side. He was everything she expected him to be.

"Who do we have here?" Negan questioned, studying the young girl as she kept her head held high. The woman who had just been kicked down was now standing up--wobbling lightly--fists clenched and ready to fight. But Negan held up his bat, gesturing for the woman to back down.