14 | PARALYZED

CHAPTER 14 | PARALYZED

TRIGGER WARNING:MENTION OF SUICIDE_______

TRIGGER WARNING:
MENTION OF SUICIDE
_______

  The creaking of the steps filled the room as Lauren made her way downstairs. It was the next morning, and Lauren had slept upstairs the night before; she felt she needed space for awhile.

Making her way into the living room she found Rick and Carl eating some food on the floor against the couch. Both turned to see her walk into the room, a small smile stretching across Carl's face.

"Want some?" Rick asked, handing her a bag of chips. Lauren nodded a thanks, sitting opposite of them against another couch on the floor. They sat for a few minutes in silence, eating their food, before a loud knock sounded at the door. All heads turned, Lauren dropping the bag and grabbing her gun, aiming it at the door. The two others grabbed their guns too, Rick looking through the peep hole on the door. He then fell on the couch in a fit of laughter. Both Carl and Lauren shared a confused look, wondering why he was happy.

"What is it?" Lauren whispered.

Rick glanced at the girl. "It's for you guys."

➸ ➸ ➸

Lauren was truly happy that Michonne was behind that door, she had hope that the group would slowly piece their way back together.

After breakfast Michonne wanted to go on a run, but Carl wanted to go with. Lauren expected to go with too, so she headed upstairs and grabbed her things. Placing some things into her backpack, she heard the door creak open and turned to see Carl walk in.

"Hey, what're you doing?" He asked, Lauren's eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"I'm coming with," she explained before Carl shook his head.

"You should stay here, with my dad. We'll be fine," Carl stated, a frown playing on her face.

"Carl, I can come. I'm fine," she admitted. But it wasn't the real truth. What she really wanted was some more space and time, but she wanted to help as much as she could. Sadly, Carl saw right through her.

The boy raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure you're fine?" He questioned while walking closer to her. A sigh escaped her, as she shrugged her shoulders honestly.

"You should stay here, you need time," he explained as Lauren paused for a moment, looking downwards in thought. She decided to agree with him, nodding in response.

"Be safe," she whispered as she expected him to leave the room, but like the day before, he grabbed her hand lightly, brought it upwards and placed his lips on her knuckles. A small smile stretched across her face, her heart fluttering at his touch.