15 | NIGHTMARE

CHAPTER 15 | NIGHTMARE

_______

  "How hungry are you on a scale of 1 to 10?" Rick questioned, Lauren's eyebrows knitting together in thought.

The four survivors had camped out in forest on their way to Terminus. It was a long journey, so many nights by a fire in the woods happened. Morning had come, and the fire was being poked by Carl.

"15," Carl answers, Lauren smirking while shaking her head.

"20," she answers, Rick turning to Michonne to ask her too.

"28," she replies, giving both Carl and Lauren a smile.

Rick chuckled. "Yeah, it's been awhile. I'm gonna go check the snares." The snares were the traps Rick had made to catch an animal for food Lauren was licking her lips just thinking of it.

"Can I go with you?" Carl asked, standing up with his father.

"Well how else are you gonna learn?" Rick replied, a smile playing at Carl's lips.

"Hey, you guys too," he added on, Lauren nodding as she stood up, kicking rocks onto the fire to put it out.

The snares were a few minutes of a walk away. The four began their journey towards the trap, walking along a forest trail.

"We'll stay another day or two, get some more rest," Rick explained.

"Finish healing up?" Michonne inquired Rick.

"I'm almost there," he responded.

Silence filled the air before Carl spoke up, "we're close now, right?"

"To Terminus?" Rick asked.

"Yeah."

"We are."

"When we get there, are we gonna tell them?" Lauren furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Tell them what?" Michonne asked while glancing at Carl in question.

"Everything that's happened to us, all the stuff we've done, are we gonna tell them the truth?"

Lauren shook her head while glancing towards the trail in front of her. There was no way in hell she was going to tell a bunch of strangers about the things she's done. If they did, they would probably be scared of her, and that's not what she wanted.