Chapter 3

So, I followed my instinct

The lunch period had given me some useful information to work with. Now I had a name, Hunter Sin, and a location. If he was on the track team, he must be a student at my new school. Not that it still felt new. To be honest, everyone was so casual that it didn't feel like I was a new student at all. I couldn't tell what to expect from my classmates now that I knew there was at least one werewolf among them. The discovery could make headlines around the entire world if I exposed it.

That's not my way of saying that I wanted to. I just wanted an explanation for why I was...assaulted the way I was last night. It didn't seem random, and there was more to it now as well. That feeling that had been at the back of my head for so long now; the feeling of being watched. It was the same sense I got when Hunter's eyes were on me. It intensified last night and during lunch when I saw him. Somehow, he was connected to that paranoia, and there was no way I could just dismiss it.

Some might call me stupid for looking for the werewolf that nearly killed me, but I don't care. When school ended, I ran out to the field to see if the teams had practice after school as well. Sure enough, the football team had the center field and the track team ran around it. I spotted Hunter as he came around the bend facing me. He'd been running in my direction till he noticed me and stopped dead in his tracks. I could see the intense alarm flash in his eyes from twenty feet away. "Hey, come here!" I called.

He stumbled for a second before turning and fleeing the field. My gut told me that thinking about my actions wasn't going to get me answers. So, I tried chasing the 6-foot-tall muscle-bound werewolf.

He was faster than me, not even a contest. But his choice of direction was stupid. He ran to the school's storage room and locked himself inside. It took me all of ten seconds to pick the lock and enter the shack. I called out, "Yo, Wolfe!" My voice echoed through the closet and the connecting shower room. I started walking deeper inside.

"Can you just leave? I'm sorry about last night! It won't happen again, so please just go somewhere." His voice rang from the showers. I heard a small crash and a thump followed by a grunt.

"Idiot, don't try running on a wet floor." I said to myself more than anyone else. "It's not that simple. I need more explanation than that. Your sister told me it might happen again, and I'm not interested in being a chew toy next time." I heard him growl after I said that and the moment I stepped into the small shower room, he was on me. He pinned me up against the misty wall and growled in my face. The air was moist from recent showers and there was a constant drip echoing off the tiles, yet he dominated my attention entirely.

"What the F*ck is wrong with you!? If you know what I am, then why are you here. Pack up your things and transfer to a different school. You're not wanted here, Jake." My eyes widened as he said my name. It was small, but it gave me all the confirmation I needed.

"You came after me specifically. I need to know why." He looked surprised, but only a little. I figured that there wasn't enough time for him to have learned my name unless he knew me before I started school. It's not like the gray wolf bothered to check my ID before tearing my clothes off last night. He stared at me and I could see something new in his eyes. it was almost like hunger.

He let me go and backed up furiously. "Just shut the hell up already! Don't you hear how childish you sound? An animal attacks you and you aren't happy just walking away with your stupid life? You're an idiot! An unbearably irresistible idiot! Listen carefully: I don't want you around me, I don't want to see you, and I don't want you to talk to me. I cannot stress that enough!" the words stung more than I could understand. Hunter was probably one of the most handsome guys I'd seen all day, but I didn't swing that way. So, it shouldn't have bothered me to be rejected in any way, but... it did.

My body started moving on its own and I reached out to touch him. His eyes widened and he grabbed both of my wrists before I could lay a finger on him. Then he slammed me against the wall so hard that I let out a pained gasp. He snarled, "Don't. Ever. Touch. Me." he was so close that I could feel his body heat against my skin. I could see the beads of sweat rolling down his chest. I could even pick up his scent because of how close he was. It smelled so raw and masculine that my throat tightened.

He let go of my wrists and I slid down to the floor. I stared at the ground and heard the sound of his footsteps as he stormed out of the room. I held myself in that same spot for almost ten minutes. Just trying to pull myself together. My body was tense and I was afraid, but one piece of me was more excited than it had any reason to be. One thing was clear, the Sin siblings had a way of turning me upside down and inside out. Though, Hunter scared me more. I slowly picked myself up and walked out of the room. Instinct had made me come in here, logic had made me regret it.

Well there's chapter 3. Tell me what you think of the Sin siblings and Jake so far :3