Chapter 5

Until the smile had me cornered

When I walked into my first class on Monday and saw Sin hiding a smile behind her fingers, I knew things were going to get bad. She waited till the class was all present before looking at me sadly. "Jake, what happened yesterday? I waited for you all day, but you never showed up." The entire class instantly turned to look at me. "You know it's not easy for me to ask for that kind of help from a student, but I really needed you. You're the only one who can help me with my problem, Jake." There it was, the intentional blushing that made her look like an innocent school girl. Half the class glared at me. "I know it's not exactly professional, but do you think you could help me today after classes?"

I had half a mind to refuse, but that wouldn't end well. My classmates were clearly on her side. Dammit! What kind of school is this!? She basically told them I stood her up and they were mad at me! How does that even work? I heard Chad's voice speak up. "Don't worry Ms. S. we'll make sure Jake comes back today. I can stick around and lend a hand if you need one." He sounded so damn cheerful that I had a hard time believing he was openly referring to sex. Yet he was, and the class backed him up with grunts of approval.

Sin blushed even redder than before. she cradled her cheeks and smiled down at her desk. Then she said in a petite voice, "Oh, no. I don't think I could handle more than one helper at a time. Jake is just right for the kind of help I need." The guys glanced at me with jealous smirks and the girls giggled. They were all insane. Every single student at this school. That was all that I could think. Class began, and Sin managed to cool herself down enough to teach biology. When she got to the point of describing the female reproductive organs, my face burned as she said, "Make sure to take extra notes, Jake." Then proceeded to read straight from the textbook as if that comment wasn't supposed to put me on the spot.

~

At the end of the day, a couple guys from the football and baseball teams literally escorted me to Sin's classroom. At this point, I knew better than to try and explain the craziness of the situation. They talked casually while they made sure I didn't stand up their favorite teacher. Chad and I walked into the room and closed the door behind us.

"Oh, you made it! I was worried that you wouldn't want to help me with my problem again."

"No worries, Ms. S, Jake's gonna take good care of you. Do you want us to guard the door while he...helps you out?" for f*ck's sake! This can't actually be happening in real life like this, right? I must have been dreaming ever since the werewolf attacked me.

"Oh, my. That would be wonderful Chad, thank you." Chad left the room, and I could just imagine the guys standing outside the door. Once he was gone, her smile turned a little less innocent and more catlike. She walked around to the side of her desk and faced me directly. Her slender frame was so long and curvy that I almost didn't catch myself staring. Her pose and expression once again reminded me of a feline's, bold and confident. "I really am glad you came. You surprised me by not showing up yesterday. Didn't you get my email?"

"I got it; didn't look at it. I don't deal with school during the weekend." Her brow raised an inch.

"Oh, my, there's that bravado again. It surprised me because I believed you still wanted answers to your questions." I shook my head, but the truth is that I did. The whole werewolf thing still interested me, but she didn't need to know that.

"Your brother made it clear that he doesn't want anything to do with me. I still have bruises on my spine to prove it. Whatever is going on with your crazy family has nothing to do with me. So stop wasting time, and tell me why you really brought me here." I made sure to show my anger with every sentence. "I'm not going to be anyone's plaything."

Sin looked at me with even more interest and took a step closer. She said, "I called you because I do need you." Somehow, I could tell she meant it. "You're the only one who can save my alpha, my brother. I need you to go and talk to him so that you can work things out. He needs your help before it's too late." More direct honesty, I could get used to that.

"What kind of help can I give a freaking werewolf? I think you may have gotten the wrong idea about me." she bit her lip and I could tell she was deciding on how much to tell me. Once she came to a conclusion, she spoke quietly.

"He cares about you...a lot. He's known about you for a long time now. My brother...he's stubborn. He's trying to deny what he wants from you, and it's driving him crazy. Last week, you caught a glimpse of what he turns into when he has a moment of weakness. I need you to reach some sort of agreement with him. There's a lot at stake." I didn't know what to make of that.

"You haven't told me why I should care. If I just leave now, then this doesn't become my problem." Her eyebrow raised again, and a smirk rose to her lips. Sin started moaning loudly and raising her volume.

"Please don't stop yet! Just a little more, please!" she moaned. It was an incredibly hot sound that made my pulse quicken. I heard Chad coughing outside and figured that he heard that too. She was just pointing out that she had ways of roping me in. "Other than the obvious reasons...I do have things to offer." She took a step closer so I could see her green eyes even closer. The blonde strands of her hair fell down her shoulders as she undid her bun. My lips parted slightly. "I know you still want answers. If you help me out now, I'll give them to you."

My brain wasn't in as much control of my mouth anymore, and I said, "I kind of wish you weren't pretending when you said you needed my help before." I gulped and tried to keep my eyes on her face. She took another step so that she was inches away from pressing against me. she was so close that I could smell her perfume and feel the heat rising off her chest.

"Who says that I was pretending? I'd be really grateful for helping Hunter. Maybe...I might need some private help after this as well." I gulped, and she leaned against me, pressing her breasts against my chest and bringing her lips near mine. Her eyes held no boundaries, and soon I could feel her undressing me in her mind. Her breath was hot as hell and sweeter than cherries. I let out a soft moan as the heat spread through my lower body and head. I could feel the skin on my face and neck turning red as she deepened the stare. Her hands swam through my curly brown hair and messed me up.

Just as I was about to put my hands on her hips to get even closer, she pushed me back. Her own face was flushed pink, but cooling much faster than mine. She pulled a silver chain out of her pocket and handed it to me.

"Hunter will see you coming from a mile away. But if you wear this, he won't just run away. He desperately needs this back, but he can't just take it from you. You can give it back to him after he talks to you. Just don't lose it, it is literally irreplaceable." She said with a dismissive wave that told me I should leave. I looked at the silver pendant in my hand and turned to walk out of the room. Everything had been going so well last week that I didn't think I'd be forced back into the Sin's drama. But this blonde had a dangerous smile, and she had me royally cornered.

So, now we know. It's not quite as easy for Jake to cut his ties with the blonde-haired siblings. Next chapter, we'll have to find out just how deep our hero will delve into their world.